Lee9

Egyptian scents

(0) Hearts

I've been looking for a good perfume that has some Egyptian scents - maybe  myrrh, sandalwood, saffron, chamomile, rose, lily, cedar, moringa, jasmine, hibiscus, cardamom, magnolia, almond, honey, etc. (Obviously not all of this at once, I'm just giving examples.)

Something that really reminds me of Egypt. I'm just terrible at finding good perfume, and wondered if anyone knew of something that has this vibe to it.

dolceloure

Re: Egyptian scents

[ Edited ]

I've read good things about the Al-Rehab line of oils and perfume sprays...I've actually been meaning to try them out myself. Haven't seen them in any shops, but amazon carries them and they're pretty inexpensive.

Otherwise, I second Armani Code and Prada Amber...I haven't tried the other suggestions.

A few other scents I love that might fit the bill:

Zara White Jasmine (notes of jasmine and lily of the valley, refreshed by green accords) 

Zara Woman Oriental (Top notes are rose and freesia; middle notes are cedar and sandalwood; base notes are vanilla and caramel) 

Unfortunately, there aren't many Zara stores in the U.S., so those scents aren't easy to come by unless you live in a big city. :smileysad:

Belle d'Opium Yves Saint LaurentTop notes: mandarin, Casablanca lily, gardenia, jasmine. Heart: incense, peach, white pepper, tobacco, hookah accord, fruity notes. Base: amber, sandalwood, patchouli, smoky notes

I'm not sure if we have the same scent imagery in mind -- but I love the perfumes and oils my dad gets from international stores, or from our mosque's bookstore, lol. They're all imports from Arab and/or South Asian countries and have this warm, spicy, kind of incense-y scent that I love. If that's something like what you're looking for, I think Belle d'Opium or Zara Woman Oriental would be great choices. Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

[ Edited ]

Armani Code contains notes of lavender honey, vanilla, jasmine.

swfupload_3707016474902591897.jpg

Prada's Prada Amber combines the warming nature of amber, musk, sandalwood, with patchouli and tonka bean. Mandarin and bergamot give it a clean start to a rich finish.

swfupload_5043565475701036170.jpg

Tom Ford's White Patchouli combines incense, sandalwood, golden amber, and patchouli with spicy notes of coriander, jasmine, and and ambrette seed. It opens with rose, bergamot, and light citrus notes to then dry to a lusher, deeper notes.

swfupload_7594216842739036900.jpg

For something softer, but sensual, Guerlain's Shailmar Parfum Initial uses amber, rose, jasmine, and iris for a beautiful floral bouquet weighed with vanilla and tonka bean.

swfupload_770555404441779570.jpg

nebel

swfupload_4926182850355492152.jpgI've never been to egypt, but Tocca Cleopatra is one of my favorite scents!  Notes: Bitter Grapefruit, Lush Greens, Cassis Bud, White Jasmine, Peach Nectar, Tuberose, Warm Patchouli, Golden Amber, Rich Vanilla Musk.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • dolceloure
    • Lee9
    • nebel
Photos5
  • swfupload_4926182850355492152.jpg
  • swfupload_3707016474902591897.jpg
  • swfupload_5043565475701036170.jpg