Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Diptyque perfumes

I was recently introduced to Diptyque. As much as I love the overall concept of the brand, my local counter is extremely, they only have testers for 3-4 perfume and no SA either. If any of you has tried the brand before, please do share your favourite scent with me, so I will have a better idea next time I go visit the counter! Thank you so much everyone! 

Re: Diptyque perfumes

@ivyxox 

I like

• Philosykos. Classic, balanced fig scent. Fruity but not too sweet. Fresh and green but not too sharp.
  • L'Ombre dans l'eau. A tart and thorny rose. Comes with a little bite. 
  • Fleur de Peau. Lovely, gentle iris.

The two I purchased full bottles of are Philosykos EDT & Eau Duelle Edp.  I love both for different reasons.  

Eau Duelle I love in the winter time, it’s a spicy, aromatic, and semi sweet vanilla.  

My absolute entry into niche perfumery was my signature Philosykos.  It takes me back to my childhood.  Hyper realistic greenery, fig trees, fresh, playful, nostalgic.  Beautiful.

Fleur de peau is soooo good. Very similar to Glossier You

i LOVE eau rose. it is one of my favorite scents ever. I have do son and ofresia, as well as rollerballs of l'eau de hesperides and l'eau de tarocco. I have a small thing of volutes as well, and it is seriously growing on me. It is such an interesting rich and spicy scent. That's not usually my thing but it works and doesn't bother me haha.

for myself, i kinda like l'ombre dans l'eau too. i love vetyvrio and l'eau de 34 on my fiance. 🙂 Have fun shopping!  

stopped by the diptyque counter at nordstroms yesterday.  I was looking for a bday gift and just needed an excuse to be at this counter.  the SA was wonderful, i ended up buying the solid perfume in Do Son, a light floral, in a beautiful heavy duty metal compact, $48, within my price point for the gift.   She knew i was interested in the brand and knew this was going to be my 2014 gift buying theme for the year!  How can you beat free gift wrapping and sample overload.

As for myself, I was given samples of multiple EDP and EDT, ...... I like eau duelle, initially did not like leau dans ombre, it starts off overly green upon application but i think i must have this as the scent has grown on me!!!!! It's clean fresh green and after sometime them rose appears but not overpowering, and the green (currant leaves) remains a soft lady like manner.  This is just a lovely fragrance that is so different from anything i usually like.  

I have multiple samples to work through, but am loving the freshness, naturalness of this french brand.

Thank you! I have a bottle of Do Son EDT, the smell of alcohol was pretty strong when you first spray on, then it dries down to a very beautiful scent 🙂 was going to get Olene, but it was OOS. 

Diptyque Eau Rose is the only one I own and a current favorite from this brand.

I have it in a beautiful rollerball.  I find that it is light fresh beautiful.  I'm moody and drawn to different fragrances each day, but I find that I can layer this on in the afternoon to freshen up a variety of fragrances or to wear this alone and just enjoy the beauty of a rose.  Please do test this one out.  I bought this one with out trying the other Rose scent mentioned, L'ombre...., but that is on my hit list since I am still in possession of a few giftcards:).  Good Luck on your search, it's half the fun, be prepared to fall in love with many fragrances.

Hi There, Yes upon request they will give you a few samples.  If you make a purchase they will give you "more" samples to entice you with future purchases.

Thanks for the info! Which one is your favourite from Diptyque?

My diptyque lady at Nordstrom is very generous with samples....but not sure about online.

My favorite ones:  philosykos, the original 34, L'Ombre dans l'Eau, Tam Dao (just to name a few)  What kind of perfume/scents do you like?

My local Diptyque is just really bad, no sales associate and even no paper to test out the scent. Last time I went, a sales lady from another counter just came to me and told me  Diptyque is not popular (basically implying I should try other brand ). So I'm asking for help here!

I like white floral kind of scent, such as Jasmine and Gardenia. Anything you think I should try? Thank you so much!

I like to read reviews/notes at fragrantica-dot-com and basenotes-dot-net...you should them out!

diptyque doesn't have many pure floral scents - many of them are uni-sex, so they have a lot of woody notes, but here some you might like:

• Olene: "Top notes are narcissus and honeysuckle; middle notes are wisteria and jasmine; base notes are green notes and white flowers."
  • l'ombre dans l'eau ("Shadow in the water"): "based on the unusual and beautiful harmony of black currant leaf and Bulgarian rose, which blend perfectly together"
  • Do Son: "...a Floral fragrance for women. Do Son was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Fabrice Pellegrin. Top notes are african orange flower, rose and iris; middle notes are tuberose and pink pepper; base notes are benzoin and musk."
  • NEW Eau Mohéli: "is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance...features floral notes, ylang-ylang, patchouli, pink pepper, ginger, vetiver, benzoin and incense."

Have fun!

Thank you so much for your help! L'ombre dans L'eau sounds amazing!

It's one of my faves - have in solid and liquid form! Smiley Tongue

Also,anyone knows if they do samples?

Yes, I have gotten samples from Nordstrom for Diptyque, as well as, straight from the brand.  

Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing