bearsmom

Dior Miss Dior vs. Lancome La Vie Est Belle

I recently received samples of these two fragrances, Miss Dior and La Vie Est Belle.  I love them both!! But they smell the same to me...  I can tell a slight difference when I first spray them, but once they are on my skin they smell the EXACT same.  Has anyone else tried both fragrances??  What do you think??    

mafan

Re: Dior Miss Dior vs. Lancome La Vie Est Belle

I don't know Miss Dior enough to comment, but I love La vie est belle. It might be the best thing I bought this year. 

I guess if you're not sure you might want to go to a store and ask for more samples. 

Im almost 50, so that might influence my perfume choices. After I wear my favorite (and stronger) scents, my husband swears one of our cats smells like my perfume, even if the cat couldn't have slept on my clothes. I'm pretty sure it's a complement, considering how he loves the cats!

sugarluvv

La vie est belle smells amazing!!

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Tried Miss Dior today.  It's okay.  I do like it better than La Vie Est Belle, but I do detect some similar notes.  Not my favorite perfume, but it didn't make me want to rub it off right away.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i havent tried both but Love La Vie Est Belle (I get compliments when I wear it).

MermaidBarbie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have Miss Dior and it smells divine! I spritz it just once and it lasts for hours on me. The perfect balance of smelling professional and classy.

bearsmom

Y'all are so helpful!!! So almost everyone likes Miss Dior better?? Interesting...  I think you are right  brittieeee, it's the patchouli I think.  I like the smell of Miss Dior better in the bottle, I can smell the citrus and it smells light and fresh and fun, where as the La Vie Est Belle is a little more business womany  to me. ??  But once I am wearing them I guess I mostly smell the patchouli.  I am wearing the eau de parfume.  I think I tried the eau de toilette when it first came out, but I don't remember what it smelled like other than similar.  After I noticed that comment I searched Miss Dior and apparently there are 4 different ones!!!  I had no idea, thought it was just the 2!!!  I can't sniff 4 fragrances in a single day let alone one visit to Sephora.  Do any of them have strong floral notes or just a stronger scent all together so I can go ahead and mark it off my list??  

bearsmom

(0) Hearts

And.... any layering suggestions??

SirenPrincess

I'm wearing La Vie Est Belle right now, and I have to say I'm really disappointed in this scent.  I thought I'd like it from the description, but it just smells like patchouli to me. I can't smell the sweetness or vanilla or musk or any of it.

I'm going to try Miss Dior tomorrow :-)

1930sbella

I don't know. There is a Miss Dior eau de parfume and a Miss Dior eau de toilette, they smell a bit different. You might try smelling those to see if there is one that is different enough from La Vie Est Belle :smileyhappy:.

brittieeee

I don't think they smell similar at all.  Perhaps you are picking up the Patchouli, which is a base note in both?  Miss Dior has stronger Patchouli, and has Musk and citrus.  Le Vie est Belle has sweeter, vanilla notes. 

CaliCG

(0) Hearts

I love them both too! They don't smell the same to me, but both are equally loved.

misscg

I got both samples as well and love the miss Dior. Its currently on my loves wish list, I plan on buying it really soon. As for the Lancôme one I smelled it and I don't like it. the Dior smells sweeter and nicer to me than the Lancôme. 

rikkie

I found when I put on La Vie Est Belle it was really overpowering at first, and just smelled like that really overpowering aroma that can happen in the department store perfume area (you know what I mean, I'm sure) but after it dried down I liked it a lot. 

laurabt

Hi Bearsmom,

I love Miss Dior, and I have smelled La Vie Est Belle, but not worn it, and they smell different to me.  I like Miss Dior better! :smileyhappy: -Laura

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • misscg
    • bearsmom
    • mafan
    • roxystar4
    • MermaidBarbie
    • rikkie