knittyskydiva

Did anyone step out of their comfort zone and purchase a fragrance different than your usual ?

Happy Cyber Monday Everyone:

Did anyone step out their comfort zone and purchase a fragrance different than your usual? Normally I would purchase florals such as Clinque Happy Heart or Chanel #5. Lately I became intrigued by  scents such as Flowerbomb and Theirry Mugler. I ordered Theirry Mugler's Alien Body Lotion because I couldnt get the scent out of my head after trying a fragrance sample I found in a Magazine. Every time I smell it morphs into an interesting scent --not your every day fragrance. 

KCecelia

Bold to Sweet

(0) Hearts

Probably unlike most people, I tend to go for zanier, crazier fragrances that people might be too afraid to wear or think are too strong (Side tip: For too strong fragrance, rub a little rubbing alchol on it to dilute it a bit). My favorites would include Lola Marc Jacobs and Dark Kiss (BBW). But i fell in love with Ralph Lauren Romance because of how gentle it is. I like having a

solveig

Re: Did anyone step out of their comfort zone and purchase a fragrance different than your usual ?

(0) Hearts

Great topic!

I usually go for super light fresh, citrus-y, and slightly floral fragrances (Gucci Eau de Perfum II, DKNY Be Delicious, etc.) but the last time I was at the store and tried Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir (the original version is way too much for me), and this rich, feminine, flowery scent just blew me away. I kept smelling my wrist and hair for the rest of the day, so I ordered it online later. Try it when you have a chance, this stuff is A-mazing!

daecii

Re: Did anyone step out of their comfort zone and purchase a fragrance different than your usual ?

(0) Hearts

After years of Chanel's Coco for a signature scent, I purchased D&G The One and Chanel's Number 19. They are great but my best purchase has to be Tom Ford's Black Orchid. It's heavyier and sexier than the others but by far my favorite. I think I found a new signature scent. Tons of compliments.....

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

I've always stuck to floral and fruity scents, but more recently I've begun to try fragrances that are a bit different -- a bit spicier. I think one of my most "out there" fragrances - that I'm still playing with - is Thierry Mugler's Womanity. I loved how different Angel was, so I was excited to try this other one out, especially since I found such a good deal for it at Marshall's ($25 for a 1 oz bottle!!!). It's the most unique perfume I own, though I'm still trying to decide how I feel about it, lol.

katekatastrophe

(0) Hearts

I don't have a lot of perfume, other than Philosophy's Falling & Unconditional Love, and DKNY Be Delicious, so I decided to venture out of the box and try Coach Poppy.

It was quite enjoyable. :]

fallwitch

(0) Hearts

I've been wearing Nina Ricci's L'air du Temps since I was sixteen.  I'm getting ready to try Burberry Brit Sheer.  I liked the strip in a magazine so I'm taking the chance.  Fingers crossed as it's definitely time for a change.

angelwings1075

Miss Dior Chere and I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!

My hubby bought it for me after we tested 10 women's parfumes !!  YUM

:smileyvery-happy:

flacka

(0) Hearts
Tried Miss Dior Cherie, really wanted to like it but after one hour I had to take a shower to erase that scent from my body. I wear Jean Paul Gaultier Classique for day and Samsara for sexy occasions with my husband. Now I want to try Chinatown from Bond No. 9, does someone has an opinion about it compared to the scents I wear?
jadab

(0) Hearts

Burberry Brit was a recent purchase of mine that I wouldn't have considered my norms in perfumes.  I usually go for woody/oriental or fresh scents.  Burberry is a oriental floral, but at the same time when yo spray it it's so musky, but the dry down is so lovely and refreshing.

poppyrising

I bought Angel Innocent and love it. I usually go with heavy orientals and woody scents so Angel is a little more citrus than Im used to. Its one of those scents that I hate in the bottle but love once I try it on.

jaila

(0) Hearts

I've been wearing Chanel Chance for the past 4-5 years and decided to switch it up just last week. Bought Prada's Infusion d'Iris - a small bottle just in case. I'm still not 100% sold - I really love Chance - but I think the change, even if temporary, is a bit invigorating.

brej

(0) Hearts

Hey, I've used Chance for a long time too! Have you tried Chance au Freche? I also really like Butterfly by Hanae Mori. It's a very different but gorgeous scent.

cortnie

(0) Hearts

I also fell in love with Flowerbomb!

I never wear perfume, ever. Occasionally a spray that someone got me or something, but never perfume perfume. I don't ever wear one when I am working which makes me not likely to try them.

I got Flowerbomb as a sample from a makeup order and I love it! I have almost used up my little sample already.

kle21

(0) Hearts

I usually like floral or fresh scents and I usually hate musky scents. But I have tried a few: Angel, Hanae Mori, Viva la Juicy..

Verdict: No thank you. I will stick to my favorite Juicy Original and maybeee try some fresh summer scents. 

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'm with you! I fell in love with Flowerbomb -- normally heavy fragrance gives me a huge headache, and I avoid bold, heady scents like the plague. For some reason, though, I tried a sample of it, and I couldn't stop smelling the fragrance stick, even after I got home. I HAD to have it! I normally go for lighter, less intense floral scents, light citrus, even toned-down orientals...you get the idea. I think Flowerbomb smells a little different on everyone, too (I also normally don't like buying fragrances that everyone else has -- but it's kind of a unique-smelling scent on everyone!).

: )

knittyskydiva

I agree with you on Flowerbomb--I was hooked.  It is a pick me up and happy scent for me.

tallwoman

I usually like fruity scents like Donna Karan's  Be Delicious and scents by VS.   However, I came across Philiosophy's Baby Grace which I like alot.  I also like Jo Malone's Red Roses. Lolita Lempicka and Balenciaga are both nice also.

knittyskydiva

I heard Philsophy has great fragrances---I use their Miracle Worker moisturizer.

I enjoy fragrances  since I   was a little girl playing with my grandmother's ,aunts and mothers perfumes, body powders etc.

Fragrance is my soundtrack of my day in a sense.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • cortnie
    • kle21
    • jadab
    • tallwoman
    • knittyskydiva