31 Days of Perfume Challenge

[ Edited ]

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Mad et Len- Blue in Musc

Notes- Oakwood, cedarwood, mellow musc

This smells good. It's a weird scent, I can't describe it. It smells really good though. 

Atelier Clementine California-

Notes:
Clementine, Mandarin, Juniper Berries, Star Anise, Sichuan Pepper, Basilica, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Cypress.

Thankfully I can't smell the Juniper Berries. I love this one! Yep yep yep!

(0) Hearts

This one sounds delicious!

I sooooo love love love this one, @Samtian !!! Can't get enough of it! This is my bday gift to myself, actually. Smiley Very Happy I am just waiting for the sale ( hopefully? ) to get it. But, sale no sale, I am getting it. It is very special to me as it revokes so many beautiful memories from my childhood...

Ooh lucky find for you! I wish I could find something that reminds me of my childhood. Here's to hoping for a sale!

I liked this one when I sniffed it in a store! Does it fade quickly like most of the other Atelier scents?

@txcatx I can smell it for a few hours, and then nothing ( on my skin ). But, Hubbz says he can smell it long after I can't anymore. ( My scarves and shirts smell of it forever, though. So, that's nice. )

An hour later and I can still smell it. Faintly. 

At the end of last year I purchased the Luckyscent Unboxing Day scent pack. Forgot about it, and just found it the other day. 

Fuego Flores by Mad et Len. I cannot find a list of notes for this. It's ok. Very heavy. It's supposed to be a mainly floral scent, but I have a hard time picking the floral up. 

Byredo's Seven Veils vs Papillon's Salome

Two very different takes on the Biblical figure.

Byredo's interpretation of Salome is a twisted, spicy oriental - very creamy vanilla with the sweet earthiness of root vegetables. Dries down to a tamer, cozy vanilla.

Papillon's version is an oriental, take no prisoners skankbomb. We're talking glorious florals, filthy, in your face musks and a heaping helping of dusty cumin. Incredible longevity. You either love it or want to spray air freshener up your nostrils.

I'm currently obsessed with pop by Stella McCartney. I have 3 samples so far and I plan to hoard more!

It's very sweet but doesn't give me a headache like sweet scents usually do. It honestly smells like the 7 yr old Barbie girl who grew up to be a CFO on Wall Street (LOL). Sweet, musky, but not citrusy. Try it out in store and I hope that my description matches the scent.

Perfume also wears differently for everyone. I find that this scent smells really great on me particularly. I love Daisy by MJ too but that one fades on me really quick.

I haven't been in here in awhile but got a sample of Mon Guerlain with my Holts order this morning.

It is nice but I wouldn't purchase it.It is supposed to have lavender,jasmine,sandalwood and vanilla. I find it has a strong vanilla scent but I smell the sandalwood as well not getting much of the lavender or jasmine.

diptyque philosykos

Top notes are fig leaf and fig; middle notes are coconut and green notes; base notes are cedar, woody notes and fig tree.

I liked this one. The coconut was a bit strong for my tastes though.

Dita Von Teese 

The scent opens with peonies, bergamot, and slightly spicy Bourbon pepper;
the heart is Bulgarian rose, Tahitian Tiaré petals, and fresh jasmine;
the base patchouli, musk, and smoky Gaiac wood and sandalwood.

This is ok. Not great, but not bad. 

Ah, I've been so curious about this one Smiley Wink

Thanks for posting.

Also, if you like fig, I'd suggest trying L'Artisan Parfumeur's Premier Figuier Extreme.

Ooh I love fig, I'll look into it, thank you!

[ Edited ]

I've lost count. I think this is perfume no. 42? 43? Maison Margiela Replica By the Fireplace. As promised, I smell like burnt marshmallows roasting in a bonfire on a chilly autumn night. This is reminding me of this utterly bizarre experience years ago when I went to a local band's album release party where I sat by a bonfire by the river drinking Lone Star beer with a bunch of people inexplicably dressed like gnomes. 

I'd copy and paste the notes, but Sephora's website isn't exactly working too well...

@txcatx - Now I really want to try Fireplace!  Smelling like burnt marshmallows would definitely be a unique scent  Smiley Very Happy

Image result for gnomes

What an interesting experience. 

"I smell like burnt marshmallows roasting in a bonfire on a chilly autumn night." Haha, yep! That's exactly it! You nailed it, @txcatx ! Smiley Very Happy