31 Days of Perfume Challenge

[ Edited ]

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

I tried Clean Blonde Rose this morning and it was AWFUL. The first spritz was nice, then I got that cigarette smoke smell some of the reviews described. I put on Atelier Orange Sanguine to over it up, and cover it up it did. My day was much more pleasant because of it. 

Commes des Garcons Amazingreen.

Notes:
Palm Tree Leaves, Green Pepper, Dew Mist, Jungle Leaves, Ivy Leaves, Orris Roots, Coriander Seeds, Silex, Gunpowder Accord, Vetiver, Smoke, White Musk.

I really like this one. A fresh pure green scent. I can't detect the gunpowder or smoke. 

Gunpowder and smoke? Interesting. 

Wearing Oscar de la Renta "Something Blue" today.  Unexpectedly love it, its super fresh and crisp.  I also love how pretty and simple the bottle is Smiley Happy

This fragrance sounds lovely, and perfect for Spring! I will have to sample this one, too! Smiley Happy

Pinrose Merry Maker.

It won't stop raining and the Tuesday after a Monday off is worse than any Monday, so I needed something fun and bright to get me going. The description does say "Best worn when you need and extra skip in your step," and that's me today. Merry Maker reminds me of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, but I like it better. 

This sounds really nice. Added to the list of perfume to sample! Smiley Happy

Do try it! Merry Maker is lovely.

Today I tried Viktor & Rolf Bonbon. Not for me. I wanted to love it. It is sweet, but on me I detect a clinical smell. I can't stand that at all. Fun note: Guaiac wood has been used by the Native Americans since the 16th century to treat things like herpes and syphilis. 

Currently wearing Commodity Whiskey and Wool...I smell masculine but in a warm way if that makes any sense. I love this Commodity set! The individuals are all so nice and I really like creating my own blends. I'm going to be having fun with this one for a while! 😀😀

#The Perfume Challenge Made Me Do It 

IMG_0268.JPG

Love the Commodity set! And is that that wonderful, little Pinrose set? 

Yes! The pinrose is so nice, I think Secret Genius is my favourite, imo the price is great on that set to try them. 

(0) Hearts

@Haleyhale Secret Genius is a favorite around here! 

Ooh what are the three on the right and the one under the vials?

The Pinrose set that comes with 3 litttle rollerballs @Samtian such a good price, they all smell delish! And because they are shaped different than my other minis I know which ones I'm pulling out of my perfume jar, lol

[ Edited ]

Perfume no. 42: Commodity Platinum, Bergamot. 

Key Notes:
Italian Bergamot, Pomelo, Violet Leaf

This is definitely citrusy and a little woodsy on its own and smells a bit masculine. I actually think Commodity Bergamot smells more like tea than Commodity Tea, but I may just be expecting Earl Grey when I think of tea. 

Edit: whatever you do, do not mix Bergamot with Commodity Tonka. It turns very granny, and it won't wash off!

This sounds amazing! I also always think of earl grey if anything is tea scented, and I love earl grey. So sad it turned granny when you mixed it Smiley Sad I want minis if all the new platinum line! 

This is the one I've been interested in the most, out of their new line. 

Commes des Garcon Wonderwood

Notes:
Madagascan Pepper, Bergamot, Somalian Incense, Nutmeg, Cristalon, Cashmeran, Gaïacwood, Cedarwood, Carvi Graines, Javanol, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Agarwood.

Image result for nope nope nope gif

@Samtian - This .gif is awesome!