Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Ooh, I should try to finish a sample vial. I've never done that, either. 

Anonymous Insider

I've actually been able to finish some.  They ones I don't like I spray on the dog's blankets or in my husband's man cave..lol.  The ones I do like I'll throw in with some lotion..it seems to extend the scent for a lil longer for me

Pinrose Secret Genius

Notes: caramel, white chocolate, madagascar vanilla, cedarwood, sandalwood

I took a chance ordering the travel size rollerball since the brand is not carried at my local Sephora. It smells amazing, and works perfectly with my chemistry. I can detect all of the notes! This is a sweet, comforting scent, with great staying power. I will be getting a full size bottle!

I'm so happy you fell in love with Secret Genius! It's one of my absolute favorites and I want everyone to be just as in love with it as I am. It's such a beautiful combinations of notes, and you're right, it is comforting. It's the warmth of the caramel and vanilla, and the little bit of musk to keep it very "real," and tone down the sweetness.

This thread convinced me to try the brand, so glad I did! I agree that the fragrance is beautiful. What a gem! 🙂

I just tried By the Fireplace,I love it.It really reminds me of a sitting by a campfire in the summer.I wish there was a rollerball or smaller spray available,I have so many scents on my wishlist and I am on a low buy.

http://www.sephora.com/replica-by-fireplace-P404758?keyword=by%20the%20fireplace&skuId=1788058&count...

Histoires de Parfum's 1826 Eugénie de Montijo

This is not the princessy femme floral the description makes it out to be. It's a creamy, frothy patchouli that's more spicy/woody than floral to me. Pleasant, understated and too tame for my taste...

I love this one.

I'm just getting into perfume, the only perfume I've ever really worn was Ed hardy's love and luck (which I love) however I ran out an it's so hard to find I only ever see it when I go across the border shopping at Target. 

However, since I ran out of that I've been trying to find something I like, today I tried a sampler I had of the Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb and i definitely am late on the flowerbomb bang wagon. 

My boyfriend also bought me the Viva La Juicy Sucre for my birthday and it's nice but I don't love it. 

@SephorasAustin If you liked Flowerbomb, check out YSL Mon Paris and Lancôme La Vie Est Belle. They are in the same scent family but different enough they can be a good base to start building your fragrance wardrobe. I have and love all three! 

YSL Mon Paris was next on my list! I'll have to check out Lancôme La Vie Est Belle aswell! Thanks 🙂

Ay ay ay what a mistake-ah I make-ah! Tried a sample of Tom Ford's Orchid Soleil that I received with my perfume order in that promo whatever... Dang! That stinks straight out like burnt tire! Even Mr. Husband made a disgusted grimace all the way across the room! What da what, Mr. Ford?!!! Smells like a bad joke!

upload_2331000762709827850.gif

This just popped up again for me. Nearly a year (and many perfumes sampled) later, and this is still my least favorite fragrance ever. I've been terrified of all Tom Ford fragrances since! Except for the neroli one. That one is perfectly fine, but I'm scared to try any of the orchid ones, like the one that came in my most recent Play box.

@txcatxThe other orchids smell different especially Black Orchid 🙂 Not like Soleil!

@txcatxI love the orchid ones!

I enjoyed and purchased black orchid and orchid soleil after sampling thoroughly. I can't do velvet orchid. I feel soleil held up to its description as a spicy, creamy tuberose. I enjoy it most in summer, I have the roller ball and I just love how it blooms on my skin in the heat. 

LMFAO. Ok, I am both really amused but also totally horrified by your gif. 

But I also totally agree with you!!!! I actually really like Black Orchid and was kind of excited when Orchid Soleil was launched but one spray and I had to run and scrub it off. I don't think I even kept it on long enough to think about what made me hate it so much but agree it just had such a scorched quality to it.

I tried this, I can see why most people don't like it.It remind me of a hospital for some reason,I think the underlying scent smells like some of the disinfectant they use at such places.Such a disappointing scent.

@lyravega So, what I'm hearing you say is that you hope Sephora subs Orchid Soleil as one of your samples with every upcoming order and if you have any subscription boxes, you really hope to receive a sample of this in each one......

LOL 😜

upload_2463311481806775809.gif

upload_6923498161940933169.gif

@Tamara76

😋

testing