Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Hahaha, Amazing Grace does the same thing with me. It's really nice and comforting at first, then I just smell old lady. 

Catching up! Last few days I have worn Tom Ford Tobacco  Vanille. 

Love it for winter and going out !

Jan 15: Jo Malone: Nectarines and Honey Blossom:)

I love Jo Malone fragrances, but this one especially I love.  I have an empty sample vial to remind me that one day I'm going to snag a bottle of it.

This is one of my favorites and also the one perfume I was using almost every day before this challenge started!

Day 15: Iris 39 by Le Labo. Fresh but not too fresh and more musky than I thought it would be.

Verdict: lasting power was good and wore down into a deeper musky lime scent. Would purchase after all!

This one intrigues me.  Iris is one of my favorite notes, but my skin doesn't play well with some musks (especially when musk is a significant note).

Jan. 15: Versace Yellow Diamond

Notes: Citron, Pear Sorbet, Neroli, Bergamot, Nymphea, Freesia, Orange Blossom, Mimosa, Amber Wood, Palo Santo, Musk

This is a winner for me!  It's light and fresh and very easy to wear.  I can smell citrus, light florals, and green notes.  It's very springy, and I really like it.  I was kind of surprised, because Bright Crystal doesn't smell very good on me, though according to the notes it's something I should love.  I'm happy this one works!

Day 15: Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline 

Notes:
Bamboo, Nashi, Lotus Flower, Balsa Wood.

http://www.sephora.com/omnia-crystalline-P112814?skuId=864017&icid2=products%20grid:p112814

This is a very clean scent. I like it! Unfortunately clean scents don't last on me very long. The bottle is really pretty though! 

Spoiler

Day 14: Angel by Thierry Mugler

Day 13: Tom Ford Velvet Orchid

Day 12: Atelier Cologne Collection Azur Sud Magnolia

Day 11: Marc Jacobs Daisy

Day 10: Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir

Day 9: Burberry Brit Sheer

Day 8: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black and White

Day 7: Stella by Stella McCartney

Day 6: Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming

Day 5: Flower by Kenzo

Day 4: Maison Margiela Replica Lipstick On

Day 3: Commodity Gold (LOVE)

Day 2: Moschino Fresh Couture

Day 1: YSL Black Opium

Day 15: Atelier Cologne Citron d'Erable. Nope. Nope, nope, nope.  Luckily I only applied it to one wrist, because it smells like I ground my wrist into a bucket full of stale cigarette butts and cat litter.

IMG_0335.JPG

Hahahaha love Jimmy and his EW!

"That is so Gross!!" ๐Ÿ˜ Love my Jimmy Fallon and his "EW!!" girl. Quote it/him/her all of the time. Thanks for that @Beadshopgirl. - you just made my day. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm happy to endure olfactory torture to entertain you! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜œ

Day 15: today is a major study day, so to get in the mood i'm wearing commodity book.

i really adore the commodity line, and this one is nice and woodsy but not overly so. the bergamot and cucumber notes help balance the sandalwood and amber. yummy!

Maison Margiela Replica by the fireplace 

Notes:
Pink Pepper, Orange Flower Petals, Clove Oil, Chestnut Accord, Gaรฏac Wood Oil, Cade Oil, Vanilla Accord, Peru Balsam, Cashmeran.

Day 15: Le Labo Thรฉ Noir 29. This is the first fragrance I've tried that has had the ability to transport me back to a memory. It's somehow smoky, light, fresh, slightly fruity, and definitely smells like tea. The combination of smoke and tea reminds me of a trip to a tea plantation on Hangzhou, China, where I saw (and smelled) freshly picked tea leaves roasting on a giant wok. I really like this lovely, unique fragrance, but I can't justify spending the equivalent of a student loan payment on a bottle of perfume right now!

Notes: black tea, bergamot, fig, bay leaves, cedar wood, vetiver and musk

By the way, I found out yesterday that the Le Labo salespeople at this fancy, new Nordstrom in my city are very generous with samples. They make the perfume right in store; they even print your name on the label!

that sounds so nice @txcatx! i hope my nordy gets le labo soon!

I've also found Le Labo to be generous at the Nordstrom (in Toronto) - and Thรฉ Noir 29 sounds lovely!

I need to smell this one. 

Day 1
Diptyque - Tam Dao EDT

Notes: sandalwood. There are more, like top notes of rose, base notes of cypress, but it all comes together just to enhance and emphasize the dry sandalwood.

This is my favorite no b.s. skin scent. It's what I put on when either I don't want to think about it, or I can't tell what mood I'm in....it seems to compliment any mood really.

It's ostensibly not a complex scent. It enhances character rather than substitutes for it.

Day 15: Miss Dior Eau de Parfum

Notes: Italian Mandarin Essence, Egyptian Jasmine Absolute, Indonesian Patchouli Essence

I have not reached for my bottle of this in a few months, though I love wearing it. The staying power is excellent.

1 Reply
testing