Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Jan 11: Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis mini: Playing it safe today as I'm still very sick so my senses might be off. I still can smell it though. Absolutely love the scents. I want to add it to my collection. I just wish it has stronger lasting power.

I hope you feel better soon! Bright, citrusy scents seem like thing to do when one is feeling under the weather.

Feel better Blackkitty!!

Thx u love @michelleshops

Day 11 - Lancome La Vie Est Belle. I love the little ribbon around the neck of the bottle - it looks like a jaunty little scarf.

One of my favorites! Top 3, for sure. 

Day 11:  Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee and Orange Sanguine (minis)

I smelled like a top shelf creamscicle for about an hour before the woods took over. Exactly what I was going for. It was a little strong for work, but still interesting. 

Spoiler
Day 10: Nest Indigo (mini)
Day 9: Juliette Has a Gun MMMM.... (travel spray)
Day 8: Gucci Guilty (sample vial)
Day 7: Jo Malone Dark Amber and a Ginger Lily (sample vial)
Day 6: Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire EDT (mini)
Day 5: E&J Nirvana Rose (rollerball)
Day 4: Derek Lam 10 Crosby Ellipsis (sample vial)
Day 3: Marc Jacobs Decadence (rollerball)
Day 2: Derek Lam 10 Crosby 2am Kiss (sample vial)
Day 1: Philosophy Fresh Cream (body spray)

I gotta finally remember to try to layer those two! I like your description of the combo, @JennVA . 🙂

I have a sample of the Atelier. Your creamsicle sounds great!

I have this set, which is a good deal of these 2 and I LOVE layering them!! Smells so good!! 🙂 @JennVA

http://www.sephora.com/orange-sanguine-and-vanille-insensee-layering-duo-layering-duo-P388216?skuId=...

@jen143xo I had that set on my loves list for a while, but ended up getting both minis as point perks somehow. 🙂

@JennVAFree even better LOL!!! 😄

I also have samples of both of these and will have to try layering them, too!

Mmmm, I have both of those - I think I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Day 11:

Derek Lam 10 Crosby Hi-Fi:

Notes:
Pink Peony, French Narcisse.
Style:
Flirty. Stylish. Chic.

This is another from my Derek Lam promo, I love peony!! this smells divine!

Also as a fellow New Yorker I love the description on Sephora.com 😄

"A Saturday afternoon, Crosby Street. New York City. Living life in High Fidelity. Notes of pink peony flirt with stylish French narcisse to create an unexpected velvety experience."

"There are so many great moments when I see a girl walking down the street and she’s super stylish and very inspiring. Crosby Street is so unique—it’s one of my favorite in New York City."—Derek Lam

Day 11: Tom Ford Oud Wood. It is another one of my favorites for fall and winter.

Notes:

Rare Oud Wood, Sandalwood, Chinese Pepper, Rosewood, Tonka Bean, Vanilla

Day 11: Comptoir Sud Pacific Coco Figue

My notes - Smells like coconut.  Not overpowering, fresh & light. Not the most exciting perfume but perfectly inoffensive.

Actual notes - Fig Fruit and Leaves, Vanilla, Coconut, Almond, Vanilla.

Day 11- Louis Vuitton Contre Moi- delicious and sweet. right up my alley.

Verdict: again, no lasting power which is surprising to me! wouldn't buy a bottle due to this factor and also cost.

Day 11 - tough trial and error day.  First opened a sample card of Hermes something and it was awful.  Then I dug deeper and pulled out Commodity Moss.  It's not for me - I think might smell better on my hubby.  I finally landed on a sample of Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme.  Its ok.  Kind of in the "meh" category for me.  It has nice staying power though!

Notes:
Mandarin Oil, Bitter Orange Oil, Ginger Extract, Rose Absolute, Jasmine Accord, Orange Flower, Indian Kulfi Accord, Vanilla Madagascar, Amber, Australian Sandal Wood, Lentisque Resinoid

Day 11 - Viktor and Rolf Bonbon

I thought this was going to be like Pink Sugar or whatever it was that all the girls in high school were wearing. But's actually a very pretty, more grown up gourmand scent. I like it, but still prefer Flowerbomb because it leans more floral. Will gladly use up this vial, though! 

Notes: Orange, caramel, jasmine, woods, amber

That sounds delicious! I will have to check this out next time I am in Sephora.

7 Replies
testing