cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Home fragrance thread ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ 

boy smells.jpg

I've been meaning to post about home fragrance in forever, so here's a thread dedicated to candles, sprays, diffuser blends, incense or however else you are scenting your home ๐Ÿ™‚

My favourite way of scenting my space is to customize my own diffuser blends but I do like a candle now and then. I love the way the Boy Smells candles look but I have to admit I'm not impressed. The throw isn't great and the wick is slanted so that the candle isn't burning evenly! It smells soooo good though โค๏ธ

Re: Home fragrance thread ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ 

Love @ 1st sample - Nest Yuzu Wellness.jpg

The weather outside hasn't been super consistent with springtime feels but the fresh, bright, citrus and honeyed floral blend of the NEST New York Sunlit Yuzu & Neroli Candle has been adding some springtime vibes inside the house. ๐Ÿ’› I've been a fan of Nest's Wellness line and this new addition to that collection did not dissapoint. I started out with the mini 2.0 size and picked up this full size during the most recent sale. Cold throw and when lit are very good - one of the stronger scented candles from thie line.

Cross-post from Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ thread. 

@itsfi  this is one of the votives I picked up recently and I'm excited to try it! All of the votives I got from Nest have really strong cold throw (even still boxed!) and smell really good, so I have high hopes.

Home Fragrance - Jardin du Luxembourg.jpg

I first spied the Kerzon Jardin du Luxembourg in a small boutique while at a farmer's market. I was instantly drawn to the clean, minimalist aesthetic of the jar, the simple, calming and pretty shade of the green jar, and its name - Jardin du Luxembourg. I did not get a chance to visit the Jardin du Luxembourg when I was in Paris oh these many, many years ago, but, it is on my list if I have an opportunity to go back. 

The cold throw on this candle smelled like a fresh bouquet of flowers when I went in for an initial smell. The strength of the throw was neither too soft nor too overwhelming. I think it was probably the 4th, maybe 5th, time after I kept circling back to the bookcase in the store where this candle was perched, that I decided that maybe I should purchase it. I'm glad I did. 

The throw when lit is ... lovely. What comes to mind is a French garden in the spring. It's definitely a floral scent, but it's not a common one, at least not to my nose. There's a lightness to the floral notes - soft, slightly powdery, with a delicate, green freshness to it. I loved walking out of the room only to walk back in shortly thereafter just to pick up that delightful scent. Makes me want to take a walk in a French garden.

@itsfi  this sounds absolutely lovely! I have never heard of this brand before, will have to check them out.

@itsfi That sounds amazing. 

@itsfi Sounds delightful โค๏ธ I love that fresh bouquet smell!

Currently burning Sunrise Woods from Bath & Body Works, ended up snagging this at the beginning of the fall season after falling in love in the aisle. I adore the gorgeous "red woods effect" wrap and think it gives the candle a much more beautiful look. Usually I don't expect to be a fan of candles with "Woods" within the name, as I find these fragrances tend to have an intensely "smoked wood" scent (opposed to true wood and leaves) and in general, I'm much more of a gourmand scent lover. However, despite having a distinct woodsy scent this candle packs a very homey and comforting touch mingled deeper within the notes which slightly remind me of TOCCA Stella perfume after it settles on the skin. I will say, the throw of this seemed to be a bit subdued compared to what I've been used to with other B&BW candles I've used in the past. Would definitely repurchase, I like that this shies away from my typical scent families yet that it still gives a distinct crisp autumn air feel.

Notes are: Creamy Sandalwood, Sweet Berries & Cozy Cashmere

Screen Shot 2023-11-14 at 2.25.25 AM.png

A little cross post from the The Candles thread ๐Ÿ™‚ hope that's alright ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Just finished burning the Pumpkin Snickerdoodle by Bath & Body Works large candle. I picked up a few autumn-friendly candles and still have a few to go through so I wanted to burn this one before anything-pumpkin-related fell out of season (controversial take coming from me considering my favorite year-round bathroom wax melt scent is Pumpkin Buttercream, but I digress). The scent was pretty spot on but I wouldn't say it had enough of a distinguishment to be a true right-on-the-nose snickerdoodle scent, but it came pretty darn close. Throw was fantastic on this one, I burned this in my bedroom and could distinctly smell it throughout my partner's office area and our dining room when I left the door open. Will definitely repurchase this one if it comes around next season ๐Ÿ™‚

Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 8.59.47 PM.png

A super cheap find when I went to ALDI (which I went to for the first time in ages), I believe this little candle was about $2-3? I love sweet scents and have never seen a cereal scented candle before so i had to pick it up. This is a small candle but the throw is amazing and you can definitely smell it throughout my entire large room. Will definitely get another one of these when I go back to ALDI ๐Ÿ™‚ The best way to describe it is that it smells like a fruity pebbles milkshake, which seems to be accurate on it's label now that I look closely but I came to this conclusion after I lit the candle.

IMG-3593.jpg

@QueenMarceline Grrrrr, I get so jealous of people who have an Aldi!  I've heard that their candles are fab.

@CookieGirl1 Now I'm realizing how lucky I am to have an Aldi near work.  My only complaint right now is that I'm waiting for the next batch of candles to be released -- the most recent releases didn't hit the spot.

I bought a 3-wick Vanilla candle from them that I need to try.  Fingers crossed!

@CookieGirl1 Awww, I'm so sorry. Oddly enough I never had any near me (maybe one about 20 miles away?) but now all the sudden 3 popped up all around me what seems like overnight.

@QueenMarceline Three?!  That's awesome!

@greeneyedgirl107 Yeah, it's not so bad but I hate going in stores for whatever reason. I love shopping online hahah.

@QueenMarceline I'm jealous!

@CookieGirl1 Fingers crossed that one pops up near you soon. ๐Ÿ’

@QueenMarceline @greeneyedgirl107 What a great price. I wonder if I can find these where I am. It  must be really nice scent if you both have positive things to say about it ๐Ÿ‘Œ

@Mellmars1185 I was really knocked over by the quality!

@Mellmars1185 It's truly delicious, I'm going to try to pop into ALDI to get a couple more of these tomorrow. Also... this tiny candle lasted me well over 24 hours of total burn time (somewhere around 36 hours)... I'm honestly shooketh.

@QueenMarceline OMG!  I can't believe you posted about this particular candle, b/c I just tried it the other night and am beyond obsessed.  I got mine the other day for .99 at Aldi, and have been itching to get more.  I won't be near an Adli until tomorrow, and who knows if they'll be in stock.  I haven't been this impressed with a candle in years.  I even tried to do BOPIS with Aldi, but they don't seem to do it with candles.  I'm so sad that I'll probably miss out on more of these.

Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • boy smells.jpg
  • yume-no-yume-akinishiki-ahorn_m
  • You-or-Someone-Like-You1-350x435
  • b53ab058-bd22-450d-b43e-541d00a284b0_1.973533df04b593cc0f7a3c20560f6dfe.jpeg
  • classique-produit02-1600x1600_1_1
  • 82390E31-AAEB-4520-BFFF-E178DA53B433.jpeg
  • 5fac14d67f8f4200182a6418.jpeg
  • IMG-2849.jpg
  • Sakura Blossom festival.jpeg
  • IMG-3010.jpg
  • IMG-3027.jpg
  • IMG-3260.jpg
  • IMG-3593.jpg
  • thumbnail.jpe
  • Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 8.59.47 PM.png
testing