bubsxoxo

what is the purpose of skin finish?

(0) Hearts

i would like to know what the product is that some people use to finish they're face makeup once they've applied foundation, concealer, primer, etc.

daphneef

Re: what is the purpose of skin finish?

(0) Hearts

also setting sprays are good too if you want your face to last longer, like the e.l.f one forgot the name

daphneef

(0) Hearts

i like the cover girl tranluscent power because it finshes off my face and makes everything matte i know some people use translucent power just on where they put there concealor but i put this stuff all over my face and the e.l.f one is good too and inexpensive

kenny

(0) Hearts

I love Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light. It gives my skin that soft focus look, and makes my skin look great even in unflattering lighting.

If I need my makeup to be more long-lasting (long day, or going dancing), I also like to use Urban Decay's All Nighter spray, so my makeup looks fresh longer.

mxcx

(0) Hearts

I love Urban Decay's All-Nighter setting spray if you have oily skin or makeup tends to slide around on your face. You spray it before you apply your makeup as a kind of toner/base, apply your makeup, and then spritz again to lock in the look. It makes your makeup look a lot more natural, especially if you're not a fan of the matte-face look, and prolongs its wear. 

If you're not looking for a spray and you want that "HD" look, you could try the finely milled setting powders such as Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Setting Powder or Tarte's Smooth Operator. 

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

I use Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder on an average day.  It definitely brightens and gives a rather airbrushed look to my foundation.  If it's rainy or humid, I spritz on some UD All Nighter.  It keeps everything water resistant and melt-proof.  

nebel

(0) Hearts

I use a setting spray, especially if i'm going out in the heat.  Right now i'm using an inexpensive version by NYX, but I've heard good things about UD's all nighter spray.

starletta8

I use Guerlain finishing powder when I go with a lighter touch- just concealer and tinted moisturizer. it helps to finish evening out everything and gives a beautiful finish.  Not shiny, but not true matte either.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I use nothing.  Nada.  Because I use Lancome's Dual Finish foundation, it does the job of foundation and powder all rolled into one.  Plus, I can actually build more coverage under my eyes, etc. by dabbing a bit more on those areas.  So, no more powder for me!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 8 in conversation
    • kenny
    • bubsxoxo
    • jennypenny1995
    • lovelyred139
    • starletta8
    • nebel