muffinpop

what are your favorites?

[ Edited ]

Hi ladies,

I'm in the market for some new makeup and I'm looking for primers (face and eyeshadow) and a tinted moisturizer or bb cream. I usually like to use liquid foundation, but since summer is coming i'm thinking of switching to something more lightweight. I'd also like to know what your favorite products for spring/ summer are so I can get some ideas for what to purchase. Thanks for the help! :smileyhappy:

ereticka

Re: what are your favorites?

(0) Hearts

I like the Cover FX foundation primer as it has SPF 50 in it. I love the Too Faced bronze pallete for summer! Actually, I love all the Too Face palletes......

I love Nars Orgasm or Benefit Coralista for blush. For tinted moisturizer I like the Laura Mercier one, pretty decent coverage for a tinted moisturizer.

I got a couple of the Sephora brand eyeliners; one in beige and the other in white. They're pretty good especially for the price.

soniasa

(0) Hearts

Best primer evah is the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. My fav TM is Josie Maran.:smileyhappy:

jo4nn

(0) Hearts
As far as foundation primer goes, hourglass veil mineral is the best I've found. Eyeshadow primers: NARS, Urban Decay, and Too Faced are all good options. As for tinted moisturizer, NARS has recently come out with one, and it is fantastic!
sammiebaby

(0) Hearts

I love using Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer and for eye primer and like Bare Minerals Prime Time Eye Primer.  They both go on very smooth and everything else that is on top just glides right on.  As far as tinted moisturizer, I use one frome Aveeno which is awesome, if used with a brush.  Also my face doesn't really tan well and I often get badly burned so I do use some SPF and put on bronzer, like Bare Minerals Warmth, then I put foundation on top and it fakes a tan.

glamglitz

(0) Hearts

Hi! My favorite eye primer is definitely the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. This helps your shadow stay ALL day long! I ove it! I also like Too Faced Prime and Poreless Face Primer. I am not as knowledgeable on BB creams, but I know they are becoming more and more popular. Good luck!

ran8

(0) Hearts

Here are my favorite face products for summer-

Primer - Hourglass Veil Mineral.  Works with every facial product I have tried it with so far.  Even makes SPF alone easier to blend in.  Silky texture.  Love it. 

Tinted moisturizer - I mix my sunscreen with my current foundation.  In the event that I need to travel and carry minimal items (vacation), I would probably take along the Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ .  My old favorite was Cosmedicine's Honest Face but it has been discontinued for a while now. 

When the agenda is working out or the pool, then SPF alone.  Facial SPF favorite - LAVANILA The Healthy Sun Screen SPF 40 Face Cream

Blush - YSL Creme de Blush in 1 Velvety Peach

Bronzer - NARS Laguna or Benefit's One Hot Minute (works for fair skin)

Highlighter - NARS blush in Albatross

And for a pick me up, facial mists - Shu Uemura Depsea Facial mist (all very light fragrances or fragrance-free); Super By Perricone Coconut Quench; Evian Mineral Water Spray. 

mightyclassy07

(0) Hearts

I use Korres' Mattifying Face Primer with my liquid foundation and LOVE it! :smileyhappy:

janinebt

I LOVE BB Creams! They are quickly becoming a franchise, and I absolutely love them. I'm currently flip flopping between Dior's and Too Faced's, they're both fantastic. I find that the Too Faced BB cream has more of a dewy finish which is perfect for spring/summer.If you want something that is light, do be sure to checkout our BB creams!

Bronzers and illuminators are another must for summer, for a light sunkissed glow. NARS Albatross is one of my all time favorite highlighters and Urban Decay's Baked Bronzer is my favorite for getting light contoured cheeks.

Tinted Beauty Balm SPF 20

BlushAlbatross

Baked Bronzer

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • soniasa