dc112

sponge vs brush for powder

Hi! I use Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup and I apply it with the sponge it comes with. I have been told that it is better to use a brush rather than a sponge. What is the difference of the coverage and what brush do you recommend I use? Thanks!

keiraleighxoxo

Re: sponge vs brush for powder

I always use a big fluffy brush to apply my powder because I feel I get more even coverage without it looking cakey. Also, the sponges can grow bacteria so you need to either be cleaning the sponge or replacing it regularly.

dc112

(0) Hearts

which brush would you recommend? I've been seeing Too Faced and BareMinerals and have been debating whether trying the kabuki or the regular powder brush. Have you tried any of those?

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I think you want to pay attention to how the manufacturer of the product recommends its use because diff products have different ingredients and/or finishes that can be affected by diff tools.  Personally, I apply it with a damp BeautyBlender sponge to wear as a foundation.

dc112

(0) Hearts

thank you for your recommendations! :smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I prefer a brush to apply my translucent setting powder as I can control the amount and placement of the product more easily.   I use an angled blush brush from Signma because it is small enough to use under the eye, but big enough to quickly cover my whole face.

dc112

(0) Hearts

Thank you for your advise! I will be looking into angled brushes and see if I can find a place where they sell Signma brushes, since Sephora doesn't carry them.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • DesertRose0706
    • keiraleighxoxo
    • dc112