aviscardi

mufe hd 120 to mufe pro finish match

ok so i find the shades really confusing. i ordered 123 in pro but think il probably just return it since its too yellow. i got 118 to try and i thought about getting 120 since that was lighter.  il test 118 on my face later. but the girl at sephora said to go 2-3 shades lighter than hd depending

anyone else wear 120 hd, what shade are you using in pro?

CharliefromNY

Re: mufe hd 120 to mufe pro finish match

(0) Hearts

I wear the 120, sometimes the 125 in HD and the 120 in the Pro Finish....I don't like the HD to be too light...it starts looking ghostly....Sometimes I mix the two together (the 120 and the 125).....

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

thanks , this is actually an old thread.  i don't wear pro anymore. 

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Oh no!  Too Funny....I just switched to it, which is why I answered.  What did you switch to, and why?

FuturePedNP

(0) Hearts

I wear 120 HD and I would try 118. If you can, go get matched first though. Hope this helped!

-XOXO.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

But also powder foundation doesn't oxidize as bad as liquid foundation  because it has more oil absorbing capabilities.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Yea that's true.  Or at least the matte ones.  I recall in the duo mat I could have also worn 203.  And in the pan they look so similar but not the case on.    So far I think the 118 held up so il see how it is tomorrow 

shesayz0217

(0) Hearts

The oilier your skin is, the more the makeup will oxidize on your skin and become darker. I would definitely have the sales associates do a color match for you. They can wash your makeup off to color match you and then reapply, that way you won't leave the store with a bare face.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I really don't like having them match me, it never is the right color. And that would require me going to work without makeup.   I'm oily so I usually don't have an issue with oxidizing.  This powder seems to have the same problem though with a lot of people. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I would definitely go with the 120 because of the neutral undertones that way it shouldn't shift to either to yellow or too pink. I know that when people are having trouble getting matched going with the closest neutral undertone is best.:smileyhappy:

aviscardi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yea its definitely frustrating. so far im wearing 118 and think it looks good, im about 4.5hrs in... thinking of trying it again tomorrow over my chanel to see if i notice a difference. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

ooops I meant 117 not 118. What color were you in the HD foundation?

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

hd 120. i ordered 123 and will be returning that because its too yellow. i just p/u the 118 but then when i got outside im thinking it may darken on me and if i should just exchange it for 120

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I would go one shade on either side of the 123 which would be 118 or 120. That should work :smileyhappy:

laurabt

Hi Aviscardi, according to the shade comparison chart that Make Up For Ever provided us with, they suggest that if you wear the HD foundation in 120, you should choose either 120 or 117  in the Pro Finish Powder Foundation. :smileyhappy: -Laura

aviscardi

So confusing. should i just exchange the one i bought then before i even try this one. Now im afraid this one will darken

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Aviscardi, you might want to just try the one you have & see if it works for you.  You can still exchange it for a different color if needed.  Also, I recommend trying it in the store before you purchase for the best match.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

aviscardi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

i would but i always have makeup already on when i go to work. im testing it on my hand to see if it darkens but im not sure if it will do that on my face. i picked up 118 which is more yellow than 120 and 117

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • shesayz0217
    • aviscardi
    • beautylovingirl
    • laurabt
    • CharliefromNY
    • FuturePedNP