sophiebean21

makeup for bad skin!!

(0) Hearts

Hi! I've tried quite a few makeup brands and  I have yet to find one that I absolutely love. I recently started a med that has made be break out like mad. My skin has never been this bad before... I'm looking into an alternative med but its not one I can play around with easily. 

Are there any makeup's that will help skin? it doesn't have to be FULL coverage because I have a feeling any foundation that full coverage wouldn't help but just a powder or loose? I'm not sure!

thanks!

valentinamia

Re: makeup for bad skin!!

(0) Hearts

I don't know about particular products that will "help" your skin, but you should try looking into mineral products.  Mineral makeup is great because it doesn't penetrate your pores, which means no clogging, which means no breakouts! Not everyone's skin is the same, so you will just have to try a few to see what you like. Happy hunting!

emase

(0) Hearts

I have taken meds that made me break out in the past.  Check out my reviews on guides that will help you www.StopthePimples.com

babybear04

I'm sorry to hear about the mad breakout your experiencing--hopefully it's just a purging process in response to your new medication and will clear up shortly!  I've been working closely with the derm for a couple years now and am just now finding something that is working for me!  But hang in there!

My recommendation would be to focus on your skincare first before you try and use makeup to help your skin.  In all honestly, I think makeup marketed to "help" skin is somewhat of a joke--I think at the end of the day, any makeup is simply just makeup, and it shouldn't be your makeup that clears/maintains healthy skin.  However, I have noticed that when I pay particular attention to the ingredients in a lot of makeup and avoid triggers (for me, things like silicone and a bunch of other uncessary ingredients break me out), I have clearer, healthier skin! 

For years and years I have been searching for the perfect foundation that won't break me out.  Recently I discovered Cover FX's Total Cover Cream Foundation and am soo happy I did! It's wonderful--it's not very light but that's because it gives full coverage, and even though it's not very light it doesn't feel super heavy on skin.  It has been able to cover all of my acne/dark marks better than any other foundation, and better yet it doesn't make me oily or break me out!!  Definitely worth looking into!

Cover FX - Total Cover Cream Foundation

http://www.sephora.com/total-cover-cream-foundation-P376285?skuId=1452887

Hope this helps and best of luck!

emase

(0) Hearts

I have had bad acne breakout from using makeup for years until I figured out that I have very sensitive skin.  I actually found out my skin was so sensitive because of my way of life.  I use Erase Paste as my concealer as of now and it works great.  Check out my review site on how to lose those your unwanted acne at www.StopthePimples.com

desertjen

(0) Hearts

I would check out the dermalogica treatment foundation (not found at Sephora, but check Ulta.com) which is a foundation that is actually a healthy treatment for your skin.

Bellalaine

(0) Hearts

There are some beauty brands that actually help skin issues.  That's the route I had to take when my skin fell apart after using a certain type of skin care/cosmetic line.  Check out Bare Minerals or Clinique. 

emase

(0) Hearts

I use clinique right now and have had great results! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • desertjen
    • sophiebean21