marydiva

ls What is the best foundation for a teenage girl?

[ Edited ]

I've been using BareMinerals since I was about thirteen or fourteen years old. I'm now seventeen. I loooove how lightweight BareMinerals is, but I don't like how shiny my face is at the end of the day. I've tried Matte, but I hate the texture, it's very clay-ish and drying. Not only that, but I am searching for something with better coverage, that doesn't look gross after six hours.

I want something that doesn't feel heavy on my skin, is safe and won't make me break out. BUT I want a more flawless, beautiful look.

What foundations would you reccomend?

prosopon

Re: ls What is the best foundation for a teenage girl?

I agree with placaminero.  I started wearing dr. Jart bb cream under bare minerals foundation and I find 1) the makeup lasts longer and 2) I don't have to use very much powder to buff out imperfections.

rainbow781

(0) Hearts

I had the same experience with the bareMinerals foundation, recently I switched to the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation and I really like it! It is not quite as light weight as the bareMinerals, but it isn't heavy either. Good Luck finding the right foundation!

placaminero

I'm a bareMinerals girl too, but wanted to try something new for the season.. Have you thought of trying a tinted BB cream followed by a setting powder? I've been using Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen followed by the bareMinerals Mineral Veil. If you don't need full coverage, I highly suggest going that route if you still want to get the benefits of bareMinerals. The combination of the two has great staying power and it makes my skin look flawless without using too much product.

swfupload_823969638913774177.jpgswfupload_7488765337211871485.jpg

beautylovingirl

Have you tried using the Mineral Veil on top for a setting powder. It will help control shine and also if your not using a primer you should be using that also.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Are you only looking for powder or liquid also? I almost never wear foundation and, unless you have really really bad skin all over, you shouldn't need full coverage foundation. I really like how lightweight Urban Decay Naked foundation feels, it's a liquid but dries to a matte finish and is med coverage. Mostly tho, I just use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer or Maybelline Dream BB cream, Amazing or MUFE full coverage concealer on spots if needed, and a dust of setting powder or facial spray. Done.

Also, flawless/beautiful skin starts with skincare. Make up can help hide some redness/discoloration/pores, but it cannot hide bumps or dry/flaky skin patches.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • marydiva
    • ChicDabbler
    • rainbow781
    • beautylovingirl
    • placaminero