muffinpop

long wearing concealer for blemishes

Hi ladies, so since I've started working out again I've noticed that my skin has been breaking out. I have a special event coming up so I really need a nice long wearing concealer that won't budge even through summer sweat and humidity. I'm open to high end and drugstore brands, but I do prefer high end products just because I can try them on in the store before buying them. Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!

xoxo

ja724

Re: long wearing concealer for blemishes

(0) Hearts

I have to agree with keelybt. I actually recently discovered the Make Up For Ever Full Coverage Concealer and it is so amazing. I have a skin condition on my cheeks and even foundation sometimes doesn't cover it. One drop the size of a tip of a ballpoint pen will cover so much surface area and it won't budge throughout the day. Sometimes, I don't even wear foundation and I just wear the concealer because it blends so well into my skin.

melissabt

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Muffinpop,

Working out is great! I used to experience break outs after workouts too:smileysad: Just be sure to wash your face as soon as possible after your workout. If you can't get to a sink, use a make up wipe. It will really help!

I also recommend using the Murad Acne Treatment Concealer. It has a matte finish and has good staying power. It also is formulated with acne killing ingredients to heal the blemish.

http://www.sephora.com/acne-treatment-concealer-P213007?skuId=1089077

Murad - Acne Treatment Concealer

Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Wipes

http://www.sephora.com/truth-to-go-wipes-P271703?skuId=1280015

Ole Henriksen - Truth To Go Wipes

<3 Melissa
elizbeth1972

(0) Hearts

I second melissabt's recommendation for the the Murad Acne Treatment Concealer - I have been using it for maybe 4 months or so. It covers well (I use the light). Its a stick so its thick. I usually dab a little on my finger (clean) and apply it to the blemish area after moisturizer.  Sometimes I do it after foundation. Because the skin is still slightly "moist" at that point, it blends a little better. It makes me feel good to cover the blemish and "fight" the acne at the same time. Now, I will say it won't make the acne disappear completelt, and it seems to work better for regular acne rather than cystic acne, but so far, for me, its a keeper. Also lasts a decent amount of time. I use mine everyday and like I said bought it 4 months ago.  Hope you find something great. Goodluck. :-)

littlejoy

I love Urban Decay's 24/7 Concealer Pencil. It is full coverage and extremely long lasting. It's surprisingly creamy and applies smoothly and evenly. It never looks cakey, even when I apply too much product.

I was a bit hesitant about a concealer that required sharpening, as I feared that it would waste a lot of the product. However, this doesn't! Sure you lose a tiny bit of product, but no more than you would by accidently dispensing a bit too much concealer from a tube.

Tip: This runs very light. You should definitely test out a couple colors in the store. I highly recommend this product!

http://www.sephora.com/24-7-concealer-pencil-P302924?skuId=1393784

maryyy1989

Hey!

I second Sonia's recommendation. Kat Von D's tattoo concealer is awesome! It's pigmented so you need VERY little to cover any spot you want and it's long-wearing. I've been using this for some time now and love it! Highly recommend it.

Hope this helps!

xox

kat von d concealer.jpg

soniasa

Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer is very long wearing and has great coverage!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

I was looking for that too last month. The best I've found are MUFE one as Keely suggested, and also Amazing Concealer: http://www.sephora.com/amazing-concealer-to-go-P208606

They didn't have MUFE one in my shade in-stock, so I brought Amazing Concealer instead. Both are full coverage and long lasting liquid concealer and you don't need much at all. Previously I've always used crean concealer, so I discovered the trick to applying liquid is to dab it directly on the blemish, let it dry a bit, then dab around it to blend slightly. When it's almost completely dry, then lightly dust or press some powder on it with brush/pad. I get blemish in the curve under my lips, and I tend to rub that area unconsciously. I was rubbing it multiple times during the day, and once with water after washing my hand. I only took off 40% of the color. I suggest buying the To Go version because the color's so concentrated, you really don't need a lot (the size of this "o" is enough to cover 2 med acne or 1 large one).

keelybt

Hi Muffinpop.  I recommend trying Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer.  It is waterproof, long-lasting and covers everything! It also comes in a wide range of shades so you should be able to find a good match.

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Full Cover Concealer

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • soniasa
    • maryyy1989
    • littlejoy
    • muffinpop