aviscardi

laura Mercier smooth finish fdn

omg i swear ive become a face junkie! i just bought the ud naked powder. and then i see this online. the color range looks crazy good!

http://www.sephora.com/smooth-finish-foundation-powder-P381714?skuId=1530534

mafan

Re: laura Mercier smooth finish fdn

(0) Hearts

My store had it in stock on Sunday, as the Makeup Artist used it on me (parts of my face) over the MUFE foundation that he used.  I must say, it looked great.  The MUFE was 125, and he used Laura Mercier Smooth #3 over it.

I just ordered some sale things and picked up #4 (buff) so I'll see how it looks. 

I thought the colors looked good on me, at least with my current summer coloring, but I don't know that I wear foundation enough to justify buying both.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Oh that's strange that he matched you with such a light powder? my friend wears hd 117 and is #4 buff. i wear 120 and got #6 wheat

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Just a note, i was in Sephora and noticed underneath the compacts they list if you were a shade in the foundation powder what you would be in the smooth line:

LM 2 = 4 LMS

LM 3 = 6 LMS 

LM 4 = 9 LMS

LM 6 = 9 LMS

from what i can tell , shade 6 and 9 are close, 9 is more yellow and 6 is more neutral. It seems like a lot of the shades are very forgiving. 

aviscardi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

photo 1.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 2.JPG
1st & 3rd pic, 04 & 06

2nd pic 06 & 04

Omg the compact is so **bleep** cute!. I got shade 4 and shade 6 (looks like a match). So now i think shade 4 will match my friend

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Is there a way to find a shade match using the color IQ online?

jellybean917

Sephora is not making this easy on us. I started looking at this after seeing the promo code LMSMOOTH. [insert thanks to @rikkie for always being on top of these codes:smileyhappy:] Hopefully it's in my store soon to swatch!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Aargh, I am too light for any of the samples and on my screen the lightest colors look kind of orange, so I will have to look in person before I can consider them. I hope you can use the code though! Jealoussss. :smileywink:

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

i was going to order tomorrow so i definitely will use the code,  i could probably try the first 2 but theres no undertone descriptions so i have no way of knowing. 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I haven't been on all day!!. then i saw that promo on the front of the page too! lol. I might go take a break and check my store. they say its in stock but they didn't have the UD earlier last  week.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • mafan
    • rikkie
    • jellybean917
Photos3
  • photo 1.JPG