redrose04

i love the dolly look, i keep buying foundation but i can't get that look.

(0) Hearts

i have mufe hd foundation, mufe velvet, kevyn aucoin and just bought kat von d but haven't try it yet. I have normal skin sometimes a little oily.

redrose04

Re: i love the dolly look, i keep buying foundation but i can't get that look.

(0) Hearts

lipstick and blush is also part of dolly like. I'm looking for air brush full coverage finish in regular foundation because airbrush foundation is expensive $173 just for the spray and takes a lot of time to do it compare to liquid, powder or cream.Something just similar outcome.

connieconcon

I always thought the dolly look had to do with the style of false lashes.  There's blush and a little lip re-drawing too, but the eyelashes are what define the dolly look for me. 

What is the dolly look you're looking for?  I don't think I have any extra advice about the foundation; I'm just really curious.  :smileyhappy:

redrose04

(0) Hearts

tnx! I always thought its the foundation that makes it perfect didn't know there's a lot more stuff.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Also to help you may want to look at a primer that has silicone. I have oily skin and they are fine for me to use and I 'm not just normal oily, I'm oily so I think it would be great for you. Primers with silicone give you that flawless smooth application. I use Bare minerals prime time primer even though I don't use that foundation. Apply and let it sit a couple of minutes before your foundation. You'll also need to use a moisturizer under your primer.The foundation is only finishing the layer of flawless. Skincare is your biggest part in getting there. Hope this helps!

redrose04

(0) Hearts

I have make up forever hd primer, you think that's going to work? tnx for your help. 

kenny

(0) Hearts

That primer should work fine (but that's one of those things that can depend on your preferences). No problem I love to help out, especially since creating flawless skin, can be really tough and involve a lot of trial and error and it's always nice when someone can help.

redrose04

(0) Hearts

tnx Kenny! i'll check hour glass next time I go to Sephora. What should I use to apply the make up brush or sponge?

kenny

(0) Hearts

I find that application method really can just depend on preferences , personally I like to use the Kat Von D foundation with my Real Techniques foundation brush. But since this foundation is a little thicker, if you don't work quickly (or don't use a primer), it could get cakey or streaky. If you think you'll move more slowly try using a dampened sponge.

kenny

What is it that you find doesn't really give you the "doll look"?

To start, make sure you have a good skin care routine, since flawless skin is such a huge part of the look.

The Kat Von D foundation will be great for this look, it gives such a beautiful soft matte finish, and makes skin look amazing (I rarely have to use concealer with this foundation).

You can also try Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders, they really help give skin that soft focus, luminous look.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • kenny
    • beautylovingirl
    • redrose04