makeupobesessed

has anyone tried the new Bare minerals liquid foundation?

I really want to try it.  I first got into Sephora when I was recommended the BE powder by my derm.  I quit bc I just found it to be too many steps/hassle.  Then I went through a couple and settled on UD Naked. It's ok, was better in the beginning.  Now sure if I'm using the correct primer for it.

Now I see the BE and it's reasonably priced , cheaper than UD, but I'm not sure I'm ready to commit.  Uggggg.

What do you gals think?  Anyone tried it yet?  Or want to?

JayReed

Re: has anyone tried the new Bare minerals liquid foundation?

Okay, so I have used it a few times to get to know the foundation, the finish it gives it beautiful and very buildable. It doesn't look like makeup at all, it just looks like flawless skin, I will say if you are very oily, you may not enjoy this foundnation as much. I used it with the BM Oil control primer and got about 8-10 hours wear and very little oil. I think as long you aren't super oily you will love this foundation. A little bit goes a long way. The brush I feel like is a must for this foundation too, I found myself using more product if I didn't use the specified brush. 

jellybean917

[ Edited ]

The brush is awesome! I tried this yesterday at an event with some other BTers (mafan and jozkid are terrific btw). It lasted all day for me. At first I didn't like it on, but it really became a second skin for me. I've never had my skin look so flawless, even up close. I agree that it's probably not best for the super oily.

JayReed

Sounds awesome you ladies were able to get together for that event! I agree it does look like second skin, I was completely amazed with it, if it had some oil control properties and lasted around 15 hours, this would be my HG foundation. 

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

JayReed, did you find that it broke up at all throughout the day? I've seen quite a few reviews that said it looked awful a few hours into wear which makes me nervous

JayReed

(0) Hearts

No, not at all! I used the BM oil control primer and the tinted powder veil to set it and it lasted. Now towards the end of 10 hours you can tell the makeup was fading, but not really breaking up. Not sure if that makes sense. I have super oily skin as well, I wanted to try it as long as I could before I said anything and I like it way better than the Loose powder formulations. Now is it my HG foundation? No, but it's top 3 of my 10+foundations. Hope this helps!

Biedazzle

I watched a first impression of it on youtube by Nicole Guerriero. She compared to the Loreal Magic Nude if you've ever tried that. It looks really interesting but if it's anything like Magic Nude, I definitely don't think it's for me. 

callmefafi

(0) Hearts

I saw this too! I'm oily so this foundation is definitely not for me.  As soon as she applied it, I could tell it would make me look too oily.  I already do touch ups with foundation that is supposed to be matte so this would have me look like a hot mess.

BTW, I love Nicole! She's awesome!

Biedazzle

(0) Hearts

I pretty much feel the exact same way! When she said she needed to do a touch up, I was like nope, I'm out! Love her too! Definitely one of my fave youtubers. 

partyskoolpretty

I've tried all the Bare Minerals formulations before the liquid and want to try it, but I would like to be matched in store as the color names are different from their other foundations. I also got into Sephora based on a dermatologist's recommendation to use Bare Minerals! As I got older, the powder foundations settled into some fine lines that I don't want to acknowledge that I have yet, so I have been on a BB kick for a while. I would like to at least try the Bare Minerals liquid to see if it eliminates the problems I've had with their powders lately.

H216

(0) Hearts

I'm also wanting to try it, but want to get mached in the store as well. I was hoping BE would have a launch event in their stores and wanted to try it at the BE store, but haven't heard anything yet so now need to decide where from my 3 choices to buy it from....

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

Hmm, I definitely need as much coverage as UD Naked, if BE is thinner and less coverage, it may not work out for me very well.  I dont want to have to use more stuff than I already am.  

Maybe I'll just try a BB/CC cream for summer.  Idk, so many choices...I'll look for a foundation in fall.  It makes my head spin with all the options anymore.

dahlianoir

I haven't tried it with the brush, but I just use my hands to pat it on and it looks like I'm wearing nothing at all and even out my skin tone perfectly. I actually love it! But because my nose does tend to get a bit oily, I have to blot once during the day, but that's fine. 

I don't know if its something to cover up any major skin issues though, hm. 

arielaaaaaaaa

I'm crazy interested in trying it! I watched a few reviews of it on Youtube, and after reading reviews i think i'm convinced to give it a try. But i'm gonna see if my SiJCP carries it first so i can see first hand, if not, i will definitely  be ordering it sometime. I'm not convinced i need the brush though. I'd rather just try it with my Beauty Blender.

bratknits

My SiJCP is having an event for it today, there was even a goodie bag with a couple deluxe samples.  I got matched and even my husband was like "wow."  I think it may be better on drier skin since a lot of people complain about it not "setting" right but I just pressed/rubbed a tissue on my face and virtually nothing came off.  It's also very comfortable on and I'm more of a BB person than a foundation person but I have a couple events to go to this spring and needed something a bit more.

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh you know what i think i saw that event at my SiJCP. but i didn't pay much attention, i don't care for the events too much, the "free gift" is usually not good in my opinion. i have dry skin, so i'm hoping it will work for me!! 

bratknits

I took it for a test drive yesterday at a bridal shower for my nephew's fiance.  It lasted over 6 hours in an overly warm and stuffy room and my mother-in-law complimented my skin.  I used 3 drops plus one on the back of my hand applied with a finger tip on a couple spots instead of concealer.  I am SOLD.

I think the problems a lot of people are having come from not shaking the hell out it it before application.  It's not as runny when properly mixed and the directions do say it needs to be shaken every time.

arielaaaaaaaa

Yeah that could be an issue, Since there are no binders in it, it needs to be shaken vigorously! I'm excited to give it a try eventually. Glad it works for you!

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

I still may try it also...it can't hurt to see.  I just need more coverage than I'm hearing it has.

BlushHoarder

The instructions say to use 1-2 drops on the designated brush. So it may not be so runny.

colorprodigy

That's what I did. I'm thinking my issue may be skin related.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 27 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • colorprodigy
    • lylysa
    • partyskoolpretty
    • makeupobesessed