TreeBeez

good foundation for combination skin?

(0) Hearts

Hello! I am looking for a new liquid foundation that would work well for combination skin that contains spf ~ My T zone gets very oily but I use a little acne treatment which leaves the area around my nose and chin very dry. What foundation can I use that has a light - medium coverage that looks natural that would be good for combo skin? Thanks for your help!!

(ps I am hoping for a foundation that looks the most like my actual skin or "natural looking for every day wear and must have spf)

:smileyhappy:

ashleynne

Re: good foundation for combination skin?

(0) Hearts

I would say check out clinique's foundation as I used to work for them before and think it is what you'll be looking for. Most of the foundation line have light/medium coverage and spf. It's also really good for sensitive skin.

TreeBeez

I will look into these foundations, thank you!! :]

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

The YSL Touche' Eclat Foundation, The MUFE HD foundation or the Smashbox Studio Skin foundation. Hope this helps!

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

Until very recently my skin type was a lot like yours.  I got very good use out of Tarte's BB Tinted Primer Treatment.  It's meant to be more of a BB cream, so the finish is quite natural.  No added breakouts, lasts all day, and I didn't have to touch it up.  The coverage is a light/medium -- it covered my redness but didn't get rid of my freckles -- and it has the recommended SPF 30 my dermatologist tells me is required for a redheaded lass like myself.

The only caveat I'd mention is that if your dry areas are flaky, the product will definitely accent them.  Now that my skin is getting more normal/dry, I've had to be careful about making sure I've exfoliated a bit with a washcloth before putting it on.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • ashleynne
    • beautylovingirl
    • lovelyred139
    • TreeBeez