maqqie

full coverage pressed powder

(0) Hearts

Finding the right foundation alone is a hard enough task. It took me awhile to find the right liquid foundation but I feel that liquid melt very easily on me during the hot weather and heated environment.

I am asian so I have a yellow undertone, most foundation available has a pink undertone, which if i buy the wrong one, my face will look red. For liquid foundation, I am currently using either Makeup Forever Mat Velvet No40 Natural Beige or the Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream in Light. Makeup Forever Mat Velvet has good coverage but feels really heavy while Smashbox CC Cream is more natural and coverage can be build up.

I am in my mid 20s and have a lot of acne scars from my teens and since I didn't know how to properly take care of my skin, certain areas of my face have really noticeable sun damage spots. Since I do a side line for the bangs of my hair, one side of my forehead is normal while the other side have a huge patch of dark noticeable sun spots. That is why I need something that has really good full coverage. I want a powder foundation where it has full coverage without me having to put the entire thing on my face, making it feel really heavy and powdery looking.

HELP!!

beautylovingirl

Re: full coverage pressed powder

Agree 100% on the MAC Studiofix powder foundation it's also been my go for 10+ years. Winter or Summer never lets me down.

sephoralovex

MAC Studio fix powder foundation... been my go to for 4 years now.. Or Benefit Hello Flawless Powder. The Benefit one is less heavier but both have great coverage!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Girl, I've got ya covered!  Lancome's Dual Finish foundation is exactly what you're looking for.  You can apply it dry for a powder effect or as a sheer foundation, or you can apply it with a damp sponge for more coverage.  That's how I use it, and it never, ever cakes or settles into lines.  Truly, it's the best powder formula out there.  I use a damp Beauty Blender sponge to apply it.  Fantastic shade selection, too!  And you're right...you need a yellow pigment to tone down the pinkness to your skin.  Go for it!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • sephoralovex
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • maqqie