cynthiajaneth

full coverage foundation for oily skin

(0) Hearts

i have used mufe matte velvet shade 30 i think i didnt like it i looks cakey a mask with out powder in the past. i currently use revlon colorstay sand beige. even though i like my foundation is long lasting i wanna try a new one since the one i have i use primer and apply it with my fingers im not likin the finish looks caked on with a brush it becomes streaky i dont use moisturizer at all just in days i need it if my skin is a little dry or becomes more oilier my complexion foundation melts off right after an hour or so. the foundation i use i do like the issue is dries fast and cant blend well. im looking for a long lasting foundation sweat-heat proof. my skin has no issues just occasional redness or tiny pimples but rare. my skin leans more to yellow light skin tone. i just wouldnt buy a foundation near $45-50. 

c4thy4lif3

Re: full coverage foundation for oily skin

(0) Hearts

What you need is a primer for oily skin which I can recommend you too faced Primed and porless. And if you want a full coverage you can use Bobbi brown foundation stick!

ashling80

(0) Hearts
Hi, I'm a 31 year old woman with sun damage (natural red head) and acne prone skin, oily, large pores. I do have some fine lines and uneven redness along with a few freckles...yay! My dermatologist recommended Clinique for makeup, so far fantastic. i use Clinique stay matte oil free liquid foundation makeup 07 cream chamois vf-g. Clinique perfectly real compact makeup 110 (p) - powder. I went into the store for them to match my skin tone and needs. Hope this helps.
nikkee

(0) Hearts

Try the tarte amazonian clay foundation. It lasts extremely long and is full coverage!

lylysa

Are you avoiding moisturizer because because you deem your skin is oily so you see it as unnecessary? Moisturizer is an important step, even if your skin type is more on the oily side, it's just about picking the right one to suit your needs, well moisturized skin will take make up better.

Try looking for a light weight fluid, lotion, or gel based moisturizer rather than a thicker cream or lotion, and definitely something oil free.

Peter Thomas Roth makes one called Clini-Matte All Day Oil Control with SPF 20, as well as their Oil Free Mositurizer that's a gel-lotion hybrid. Philosophy just launched Take A Deep Breath Oil Free Energizing Gel Cream, which although it has the word "cream" don't let it fool you, it's very lightweight. Exuviance has their Essential Daily Defense Fluid with SPF 15 that's also very light and non greasy. Studio Gear has a super light weight fluid called Controlling Interest that contains Avocutine (derived from Avocado Pears) that is designed to control and regular oil and production.

Which primer are you using by chance? Try to stick with a water based primer (won't add any weight to your skin and can penetrate through the oil) or a silicone/dimethicone based one (which gives more control of oil as it forms a barrier between oil and your make up). I'm a big fan of Napoleon Perdis' Auto Pilot Primer (almost double the size of most primers on the market, water based, and has soothing botanicals), Too Faced Primed and Poreless Primer (the regular pink tube one, great for smoothing over pores and mattifying skin), and Benefit's Porefessional (similar to Too Faced, can also be dabbed on oily spots on top of make up throughout the day to absorb and control oil without caking on more powder as you go).

I've had great results and reviews come in for Studio Gear's (available at Ulta, Macy's, and Dillard's) Matte Foundation. It's oil free and gives full coverage without having to load on a bunch of product. My cousin has oily skin and swears by this foundation, it's $24 and I've seen it out perform brands that charge double that price. She uses a little less than a dime sized amount and it can cover everything! My only suggestion is that you don't use your fingers anymore to apply foundation, the oils in your hands will mingle with the product and prevent it from laying on skin to the best of it's ability (and that applies for any foundation, not just this one). If you don't like using a brush, try switching it up, Cargo's Magic Brush, which is a round, domed brush that can be used in a buffing/circulation motion to apply foundation rather than a traditional foundation brush that just lays and spreads foundation like a paint brush. If you go with a sponge, try one like the Beauty Blender, Target also has one by Sonia Kashuk that's similar and little cheaper, if you use a regular make up sponge, wet it first, squeeze out excess then use it to apply as it won't soak up as much of your foundation then.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • cynthiajaneth
    • ashling80
    • lylysa
    • nikkee
    • c4thy4lif3