cefrd13

full coverage concealer

I recently tried the Kat Von D concealer and I really liked the full coverage (for under eye circles) but the lightest shade was still too dark and pink for me. So what could I get that's similiar? Smashbox HD concealer, Tarte maracuja creaseless, or Stila perfecting concealer? Thanks!

LuckyWinter

Re: full coverage concealer

(0) Hearts

I like the Nars creamy concealer, it really helps for blemishes but if you are looking for an under eye circle concealer, my favourite one is Benefit erase paste, it is a bit pink but it works wonderful! 

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

A full coverage I'm thinking of would be Amazing Cosmetics concealer.  The concealer I use is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, which is my HG.  The undercover pot houses the secret camouflage, secret concealer and then the loose setting powder in the bottom, which when I've used all three on a fairly visible fresh scar on my cheek (in plain sight, my daughter's nails caught me in the cheek and it was a deep cut), you couldn't even see it any more.  Or the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer kit might work well; it goes to very fair, light skin tones as well (her corrector is also awesome).

melanito

(0) Hearts

I have an old tube of KVD's concealer in porcelain, which was too pale for me (it used to be the lightest shade) that I use a drop of to lighten light 16 for me. You can sometimes find it on ebay. I wish Sephora would add a lighter shade back into this line. I was thinking of trying the foundation (which apparently has lighter shades than the concealer) when I run out of my concealer combo and see if that would work (either to dilute concealer or just to use on it's own (as it's coverage is supposed to be amazing).

LindenAnn

(0) Hearts

I have bad undereye circles too and what works best for me is Benefit Erase Paste (for color correction) and where needed a tiny bit of the Tarte Maracuja concealer. Usually the erase paste works on it's own unless I'm really bad that day but it only comes in like 3 colors so it might not be a match for you. I'm really pale though and the lightest shade works well for me, so you should go ahead and try it.

bluenun456

(0) Hearts

my friend raves about the tarte creaseless.

i prefer glo minerals undereye primer (that brightens, as well) + their undereye concealer (you can pick based on your undertone), but it's not sold on here. 

benefit erase paste is great, too. full coverage and a tiny bit goes a long way. 

knadala

(0) Hearts

Physician's formula RX concealer is very good at covering anything and everything, it is my number one choice above high end and drugstore brands.

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

I'm in love with the Tarte maracuja concealer. However if you can find a color match I suggest you check out these as well: amazing cosmetics "amazing concealer" and MUFE's "full coverage concealer". Sorry to widen your search list but I didn't know anything about the other ones you listed. I know the MUFE and Amazing Cosmetic concealers were very popular when I worked at sephora. :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Do you have a lighter concealer you could mix it with to get the right color? It's gonna be hard to find another concealer to cover like the KVD Concealer.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • melanito
    • waterbaby1981
    • cefrd13
    • ashleynne
    • beautylovingirl
    • knadala