ellemg123

foundation suggestions?

Any foundation suggestions for a girl that doesnt have any acne and dry skin?

kd006

Re: foundation suggestions?

My holy grail is laura mercier silk creme foundation. Full coverage but blends out nicely. But since you have dry skin it is all about the way you apply the foundation. Invest in a beauty blender! Don't use brushes because your skin can look flakey even if you moisturize like crazy. If you cant afford the beauty blender just use disposable sponges from the drugstore and get them wet. :smileyhappy:

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Exfoliate gently, and do a deep moisturizing before putting on any face makeup.  Let the moisturizer sink in for 15 minutes before putting on your primer.  Use a hydrating primer such as Smashbox Hydrating Photo Finish Primer.

Then apply a nice, light, BB cream, such as Tart's BB cream that you buff out (I think it's like a hard cream, you get a brush with it).

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

What kind of coverage are you looking for?

jenlovesmakeupp

(0) Hearts

For acne prone skin, I would use BB Cream instead of foundation. It is lighter and nourishes instead of clogs your pores. I would start with Benefits porefessional pore minimizer and then Smashbox's HD Photoready BB Cream in your choice of color. Hope this helped :smileyvery-happy: 

~~Jen <3 :-*

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi ellemg123,

Were you looking for a liquid or powder foundation?  Also what have you tried so far?

xo, Mia

ellemg123

(0) Hearts

Probably a liquid because i have dry skin. Ive tried the NARS sheerglow, a covergirl BB cream and that is about it

Amanda2413

I am currently loving Revlon's ColorStay liquid foundation in Combination/Oily, even though my skin leans far more toward the dry side these days.  I've gone thorugh many foundations over the past months and this is my favorite.  I have some older, not as wise purchases in lighter shades that help me blend a matching shade for my complexion.  Revlon ColorStay is around $11, so you won't break the bank even if you end up hating the product.  I've tried Garnier's BB cream and hated it, I never use such strong language with make-up and skincare products but that one just took the cake.  Too dark, too oily, too thick, too orange, too much of a strange odor...just wasn't for me.  I so wanted it to work for me though!  CoverGirl's BB cream wasn't as offensive as Garnier's but didn't provide the coverage or texture I prefer.  Anyway, Revlon ColorStay has a dry skin version that I use during the winter and both formulas are pretty good.  Especially at their price points!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • ellemg123
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt
    • jenlovesmakeupp
    • Amanda2413