cynthiajaneth

foundation primer

hi i was wondering what is a good primer for ... i got combo skin i cant use primers/foundation with matte finish it only makes me look older as makeup creases badly under my eyes and its awful since im only 22yrs old i tried smashbox oil free light with white primer looking it didnt do anything as far staying power i believe im like kinda allergic to any powder i currently use Revlon Photoready and Revlon Colorstay which makes my skin better i have notable pores only when wearing makeup what foundation primer would you recommend for my skin type 

monika4814

Re: foundation primer

I've tried a LOT of face primers and I haven't been very thrilled wtih any of them. For the most part, they don't seem to live up to their claims (or at least not well enough to justify the price tag).

I have yet to find a face primer that does anything notable for my pores. However-- I got a sample of Smashbox's BB cream and HOLY CRAP, it looked like it erased the pores off my nose. I don't like the finish of the BB cream by itself because it's too sheer and dewy, but when I use it with a powder (I use Korres Wild Rose mineral powder which has brightening properties in it), it's the perfect fresh-and-matte look with NO visible pores.

I also usually have a problem with creasing under my eyes, largely in part to dry skin (not sure if this is the same reason you have creases). I figured out the perfect combination to fix this too though-- I use Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Eye Cream when I use my moisturizer and then when I apply my makeup, I'll use Laura Mercier's Secret Camoflauge concealer under my eyes before I apply my mineral powder.

Manda

[ Edited ]

If you are willing to splurge a bit, Hourglass Mineral Primer is considered to be the best.  I use it and it is one of the few primers I can use that doesn't irritate my skin.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P210575&categoryId=B70

peccavi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'd recommend benefit girl meets pearl- it's a great luminizing foundation primer! I tried it and fell in love with it. Urban decay's foundation primer works really well with my combination skin too, but its not luminizing. 
If you find a primer you'd like to try, you can almost always get a mini size off of Amazon (sometimes sephora and ulta carry them too) for fairly cheap so you can try it! Most companies have the mini size available, and its better than spending 20-50$ on something that doesn't work for you. They last for awhile as well. 
That's what I've done and I've had a chance to try a lot of great primers!  

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • monika4814
    • Manda
    • cynthiajaneth
    • peccavi