Silver9381

foundation help!

hi, I currently use mac nc44 and revlon colorstay in toast. i would like to switch but i have acne scarring and dry skin. i prefer liquid foundations but not the mousse type ones. wanted to try tarte but saw that it was mousse like. what can i use for full coverage and in what shade, can anyone help me?

mberteig

Re: foundation help!

(0) Hearts

Hi,

I also have dry skin and found the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo foundation too drying.  I returned it, actually.  I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin,

Some products I like that work for my skin and provide good coverage (I have areas of redness I like to cover up) are the Dior Nude Liquid foundation, tarte BB cream (used as foundation, tarte 12 hour Amazonian Clay foundation, and this is a powder, but I also really like the Sephora Microsmooth powder foundation.  I use it alone, or on top of a liquid foundation as a setting powder.  I also got a sample of the Nars Sheer Glow foundation and like that as well, I didn't find it to be sheer, actually.

If you would consider drugstore recommendations as well, I also really like Milani cream to powder compact foundation and NYX BB cream.

I would also recommend going to Sephora and getting samples of different foundations to try.

laurabt

Re: foundation help!

(0) Hearts

Hi Silver,

A great full coverage foundation is Kat Von D's Lock-It Tattoo Foundation.This foundation is long lasting and has a flawless finish. You would probably be either Medium 64 or Deep 66. I recommend trying it in the store first for the best match.

:smileyhappy: -Laura

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • laurabt
    • Silver9381