hannerlee

foundation for oily/combo skin that won't rub off?

(0) Hearts

I have been using the naked skin foundation, and while it was flawless for the first hour and a half, it rubs off easily when i itch around my nose (t-zone). Right now, I'm trying out the vitalumiere aqua by chanel and i find that the longevity is worse and the foundation rubs off when I'm blotting. any suggestions? is it the powder?

gongju87

Re: foundation for oily/combo skin that won't rub off?

I second the EL DW!

beautylovingirl

Kat Von D lock-it Tattoo Foundation. It's very long wearing a little goes a long way.

halojones

I also have sensitive skin/need an all day foundation, and here's the HANDS DOWN BEST recipe for fresh flawless, sexy glowing skin that won't budge:

Step 1. Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. This stuff is MAGIC - it has a satiny finish and controls shine while giving a lovely glow. Also wonderful because it's one of the few primers you can blend with an all-day foundation to "sheer" it up without taking away its lasting powers. :smileyhappy:

Step 2: Clarins Everlasting Foundation. Not sold at Sephora, but I've tried every long-lasting formula and this is the BEST. Great coverage, buildable yet natural. I apply with a Laura Mercier foundation sponge.

Make Up Forever Microfinish Setting Powder. Apply this over your foundation with a fluffy Kabuki brush. I DO NOT use this as my finishing powder, though, because I want that radiant glow that comes from . . .

BareMinerals Original foundation (the loose powder). Using a fluffy Kabuki brush, loosen it well in the cap dust this LIGHTLY all over your face. The Microfinish powder allows it to go on smooth and stay out of pores.

Top with bronzer and blush. Lasts (and glows) allllll day! :smileyhappy:

Michelle06

I have super oily skin and my HG foundation is Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation. Hope that helps. :smileyhappy:

Spoiler

elaine4425

I've been using Smashbox Studio Skin. It's the only thing that's lasted all day on me without looking cakey. I use the Smashbox Photofinish primer with this, otherwise it goes on too thick for my preference. 

http://www.sephora.com/studio-skin-15-hour-wear-foundation-P292403

Kiki1517

The only foundation that truly lasts throughout the day in my tzone with no touchups is Estee Lauder Double Wear.

katief241981

Check out the MUFE Mat Velvet.  

jasminee

I have combination-oily skin, and I've found my holy grail liquid foundation! Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24hr foundation is wonderful, and I've been using it for the past 5 years. Every time I try something new, I always find myself coming back to the Lancome one because nothing beats it. It's oil free, feels lightweight but provides great coverage (does not feel heavy like the estee lauder double wear), has a more satin finish than matte but does not look flat, instead very natural and flawless. It covers skin imperfections like magic and lasts all day! When you touch your face, the foundation does not transfer to your hands, or clothes for that matter, and it looks great with a setting powder on top. The foundation is magnificent, I'm sure you'll fall in love with it!

lancome-teint-idole-ultra-24h-foundation-profile.jpg

Hope I helped!

hannerlee

(0) Hearts

thanks! ill definitely go try this one out. 

reflectsgold

yup what jasmine said

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • reflectsgold
    • halojones
    • jasminee
    • beautylovingirl
    • Kiki1517