sweetstuffss

concealor for acne?

(0) Hearts

I would like to find the best concealor for acne to cover it all up I have mild acne

melissabt

Re: concealor for acne?

(0) Hearts

@Sweetstuffss,

Clinique also makes a nice concealer with a built in acne treatment. It has a matte finish a medium buildable coverage. It's perfect for spot treating or to wear underneath your make up.

http://www.sephora.com/acne-solutions-clearing-concealer-P244700?skuId=1192897

<3 Melissa
Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

Bobbi Brown Corrector and Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer I use these together and get awesome coverage. 

drrragon

(0) Hearts

I like using concealer pencils since you can be so precise with them. The one I have now is from Shiseido and for me it's the perfect texture to cover acne, not too hard but not so creamy that it wears off quickly.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

You can look at Murad 's Acne treatment concealer or Bare Minerals has a heal and conceal acne treatment and concealer kit. Hope this helps!

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I just posted a similar answer in another post, so I apologize in advance if I'm repeating myself -- but I have always found that a thicker, dryer consistency concealer works best on blemishes. Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer is excellent, if you can find a good shade match (note that it tends to darken, so if the shade is slightly light at first, it might be the best match). The formula is so heavily pigmented that very little is needed, and one tube lasts for ages. Other good blemish / scar concealers are Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage oncealer, and I like the NARS stick concealer, but it's not as heavy duty as the first two. (The NARS concealer is my overall favorite, but not specifically for blemishes -- I think others are better.)

Concealers work differently on different areas of the face, too -- I have never had any luck with a thin, liquid concealer on a blemish -- and what is great for the under eye area (like Benefit Erase Paste, for instance) had no staying power on a blemish (for me).

michmo

I love Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage for covering up blemishes.  

connieconcon

You're getting a lot of different answers.  I think it just illustrated how different concealers work differently for every person - I know people who swear by Benefit's Erase Paste, but I cannot for the life of me get it to work.  You kind of just have to try and try until you find something that works for your skin type.  Some concealers can also oxidize to a slightly different shade after you wear it for a full day the same way foundation can, so it's hard to say for sure that one brand will work best. 

I'm currently using Tarte Amazonian clay concealer and setting it with bare minerals matte foundation in my shade since the concealer isn't a perfect match.  It's working really well over acne and hyperpigmentation.  I brush it on with a small concealer brush then pat it to blend (as opposed to using a brush to blend).  

roxystar4

I like MUFE concealer for blemishes or for drugstore options - physicians formula concealer RX (bad thing about this product, very limited shades) or glamoflauge (this tend to run very light- i use light medium and I am MAC NC20). 

BamaCaliGirl

I use a combo of concealers. I like neutrogena concealer with salicylic acid for major pimples-I just put a little on my soho concealer brush (ALWAYS use a concealer brush, they are miracle workers) and dab it on. For discoloration, very mild acne spots, or under my eyes I use my bare minerals concealer brush to apply my bare minerals ready foundation a little heavier before smoothing it out with another layer and my big brush. Covers EVERYTHING, just make sure you always use moisturizer then primer before any concealer you pick.

cherrybombtastic

I have acne that includes small pimples and under the skin pimples, and I really like Urban Decay's 24/7 Concealer pencil! It's creamy and it blends well from just your finger patting it! When I was at Sephora, someone recommended me something else, which looked really cakey. While I do have acne-prone skin, my skin gets initially flakey around my pimples, yet my skin gets oily by the end of the day. I looked at the reviews for Urban Decay's concealer outside of Sephora's website just to double check and it had great reviews. I also really like that it's in pencil form and not stiff. Not messy! You just have to buy an extra pencil sharpener if you don’t have one for jumbo pencils. I hope this helps and good luck!

carrierose

(0) Hearts

I agree with UD 24/7 concealer pencil; pat it on lightly and it won't cake up, I love it. 

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Actually, it's called "Face Touch Up Stick".  : )

jennypenny1995

Bobbi Brown's cover up stick is fantastic.  Just a dab, then lightly pat in and blend edges.  Love it when I have a pesky blemish!

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

Benefit Erase Paste

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

If you're looking for a drugstore one, I recommend the Hard Candy Glamoflauge or Sonia Kashuk Concealer Quad

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • connieconcon
    • cherrybombtastic
    • sephoralovex
    • carrierose
    • melissabt