FayeCouturexo

concealer for dry patches.

(0) Hearts

hey girls! I'm looking for a great moisturzing concealer. Drugstore or highend.

The dry patches started with an acne treatment. Theres this one acne treatment that I've been using for quite a long time. About 4 days ago I put it on since Im having pre-menstration acne. I apply it like usual and then the day after it got itchy. I didnt really think bad of it so I went to school and during the whole morning in my dance class it was pretty itchy. So I went home and when I looked in the mirror it looked like mosquito bites where I applied the treatment. I had bumps on my face for the rest of the week and I still have it. I applied polysporin yesterday and it looks like its working. I need a concealer to cover and moisturize since I think the polysporin dried it out. haha sorry if its too detailed for some of you.. 

Titian06

Re: concealer for dry patches.

(0) Hearts

Hi, FayeCouturexo!  Is this a prescription acne treatment?  If so, call your doctor's office as soon as possible to let him/her know about this reaction.  A rash is a sign of an allergic reaction (even if you've used the treatment successfully before).  If it's over the counter, you should still let your doctor know.  I agree with what @krunce and @cherrybombtasic said--don't put anything on the rash.  If it's not improving or it's getting worse over the next few days, contact your doctor.  I hope you're better soon!  Oh, I use Diorskin Hydrating Concealer (it's expensive, but good).

FayeCouturexo

(0) Hearts

Thank you ! I've begged my mom to let me go to a doctor and she always denied :smileysad: and no its not a prescription acne treatment 

cherrybombtastic

(0) Hearts

I had the same reaction to an acne treatment a few years ago! It was so itchy and bumpy (not acne bumpy). I eventually had to see a doctor so she can prescribe me something to relieve the itchiness. While I don't recommend using make-up when you have this reaction, as soon as the itchiness dials down, you may want to try Urban Decay's 24/7 Concealer Pencil, which is really creamy. It also doesn't contain silica, which can clog your pores. I hope this helps and good luck!

krunce

Allo,

Wow! This sounds like quite the reaction to the acne treatment you're using! 

I really can't think of an acne treatment that isn't a drying agent, so dry spots make sense if your skin is sensitive (though this means you should stop using it or use it much less frequently). Bumps like mosquito bites must be an allergic reaction. Your skin is very very irritated.

Honestly, I woulnd't put anything on the spot at all. I know it's embarassing and you want to conceal it, but if a patch of your skin is having an allergic response, then it's hyper sensitive and on red alert and it will probably react negatively to almost anything you put on it. Case in point: polysporin is supposed to be moisturizing so it shouldn't be drying that spot out. Just keep it simple for about a week and if it doesn't improve, go see your doctor about it. You might need a hydrocortisone cream.

But also, to answer your question, I've never met a concealer that could cover a dry patch. Even a moisturizing concealer will just make the dry patches look more obvious, so concealing is usually the last thing you want to do. All you can do is moisturize.

FayeCouturexo

(0) Hearts

thank you! :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • FayeCouturexo