redrose04

can i use sensitive baby wipes to remove my makeup?

I wonder it it'sa going to hurt my skin.

brennn

Re: can i use sensitive baby wipes to remove my makeup?

(0) Hearts

I sometimes use them to break down my face makeup & take a lot of that off before I wash my face with a cleanser. This way I can use less cleanser & get all traces of makeup off more easily. I wouldn't use only a baby wipe as the sole method for makeup removal though.  I also don't use them near my eyes; I use a makeup remover that is made for the eye area to take off my waterproof eye products. The ones I have now are the Pampers Natural Clean (no fragrance, hypoallergenic, with aloe & vitamine E etc) and they haven't irritated my skin. 

ayen85

(0) Hearts

Of course! I use the huggies i got from walmart @$2. Lol! but u have to use it with virgin olive oil and filtered water.but any kind of makeup remover will do.

Artemis9109

(0) Hearts

I actually do this using unscented sensitive baby wipes with aloe, but I add a drop of Almond Oil to the wipe. I have very sensitive eczema prone skin and so far so good. It even takes off my eye makeup. Granted after I use the wipes I still wash my face with my normal face wash but it's definitely a much more cost effective remover.

consolvo

[ Edited ]

I suppose it may be okay, but I wouldn't use them on my face, mainly because they aren't designed for that.

If you are looking for a lower cost facial wipe, the Equate Original Clean Facial Cleansing Towelettes are quite nice and CHEAP. They are sold in a double pack, so you get 120 large-sized towelettes for $5.97. They are alcohol-free and you can see all the other ingredients on the WalMart website, along with lots of reviews of the product. (Sephora has made me a review junkie!)

Hope this helps!

dianabt

Hi redrose04,

while technically you CAN... it's not the best idea. I've done it before and it was still too harsh on my skin and way too moisturizing if that sounds like it makes sense. Plus my makeup didn't come off and I still had lots of mascara left over!

Stick to a regular makeup removing wipe or a cleansing water and cotton pads. I love the Shiseido cotton squares and the Caudalie Cleansing water. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • consolvo
    • brennn
    • ayen85
    • redrose04