cynthiajaneth

best foundation for oily skin

most foundations that i tried melts, fades or some foundation made my skin botchy or dried my skin out or some made me look older since it would crease. what is that good foundation best for oily skin and long wearing. natural skin like. light as feather. easy to blend. yellow skin based for light skin tone.  

thedoglover

Re: best foundation for oily skin

(0) Hearts
Try the cover girl clean its oil free
jlhiga

(0) Hearts
I'm not an expert, just a makeup lover, especially foundation. I have super oily skin and just started using Nars Sheer Glow. Sounds opposite, but I love, love, love it. I'm in hot, humid summer heat and it lasts into the night. I do have to blot about 6 hours in, but if you just blot with blotting sheets, no extra powder necessary, your skin looks even better. Like fresh makeup. It's hard to explain, cause it doesn't look like it did in the morning, it looks more natural and the same level of flawless. I don't know what made me try it, cause the name doesn't sound right, but I am so happy I did.
melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Cynthiajaneth,

I also wanted to add to the recommendation that you already have.

Lorac makes a nice oil free foundation called, Natural Performance Foundation. It is smooth and easily to blend and looks VERY natural on your skin. It is also long lasting and it is formulated for people with sensitive skin. I also suggest the shade 

Color NP 2 - light for you.
LORAC - Natural Performance Foundation
<3 Melissa
iJAMES

(0) Hearts

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet or the new Clinique Oil-Free Foundation. Be sure to set your foundation with a setting powder, or a setting spray. For a more natural look, try Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation, it's oil-free, so it doesn't contribute to the oily-ness, if that makes any sense. Good luck!

babybear04

(0) Hearts

Hi there!

I really love Make Up For Ever's HD foundation.  It's lightweight, yet provides excellent coverage with maximum staying power and shine control!  Even with oily skin, this foundation stays right in place all day and doesn't "melt" off.  For more powerful results, top wih a light dusting of MUFE finishing power, and voile! Flawless, matte skin!

Tip for application:  Don't apply with a sponge, for the sponge will soak up a lot of the product and therefore waste a lot of your product and money.  For better, more economic results, try applying with your fingers, or dispensing onto back of hand and applying with a foundation brush.

dianabt

Hello cynthiajaneth!

I highly suggest that you try the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H which is oil free, has a great long lasting finish and looks natural but still provides amazing coverage:

Lancome - Teint Idole Ultra 24H

Another favorite is the MUFE Mat Velvet which has a mattifying finish that gives a long wearing full coverage and velvety look:

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • cynthiajaneth
    • jlhiga