hollywo0d

bareMinerals Foundation vs Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation

(0) Hearts

I love using bareMinerals foundation, but I find it to make my skin look flaky and dry even if I'm using a small amount of product. I use their Purely Nourishing Cream to give you an idea of how I moisturize. Also at times it feels a little itchy? Nothing unbearable. I guess that best way to describe the feeling is when your skin is dry and you scratch it. 

So for the bareMinerals users that have switched to Tarte...or another foundation let me know. I believe I'm more combination/dry. After a day like most people I do have a little oil in my T-zone.

Also I want to try new foundations, but I'm scared of breaking out. How should I go about switching? I tried to a couple of times before at MAC she put some on and within hours my face broke out. And I used Fresh foundation for a while and still had bad acne. I switched back to everything I used to use (bareMinerals) and now I pretty much only have acne when I'm on my cycle.

Fabz

Re: bareMinerals Foundation vs Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation

(0) Hearts

I'm super dry and from what I know dry skin should NEVER have a matte finish or powder. That being sad I have investigated the BareMinerals line and knew it was not for me no matter how many rave reviews my friends had (they have oily skin though). I am still in the market for a foundation but how about trying a sample of Laura Mercier creme silk? Her line is for those who have sensitive skin and this is a hydrating foundation.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Try Tarte's 12-Hour Foundation.  I could go on & on about it.  I recently sampled YSL's Touche Eclat, Benefit's WOW, and Clinique's Perfectly Real foundations--all with too little coverage for my pink marks from breakouts and too much shine after even just an hour.  I like that it's buildable, so I can add a tad more coverage just where I need it.  It doesn't cake for me, so I'm not sure if you're putting too much on??

Tarte doesn't put harsh chemicals into any of their products, and I've found my skin to me smoother and less irritated since tossing that other stuff.  = )

katyed

(0) Hearts

I had the same issue when I was using Bare Minerals. It was kind of a trade-off, I loved the coverage and natural look it had but I hated the dry patches I would get. One thing that helped me was using a hydrating spray directly afterward, such as the one from Claudalie or the little Evian mineral water spray.

Although that did help, I eventually just switched to liquid. One I would recommend for both acne-prone skin and dryness is the Makeup Forever HD. It doesn't accentuate dry patches and it leaves your skin with a healthy, dewy finish. Although since my skin is on the oilier side, I always finish with a setting powder. Hope this helps!

YoungSloth

(0) Hearts

You sound very dry to me and sensitive (since you can break out easily). Have you tried using a Clarisonic?? I think that would dramatically change your skin for the better; cutting down on dryness by smoothing and gently exfoliating dead dry flaky skin cells off and also helping clean out congested pores. It sounds like Bare Minerals is irritating your skin. I would try Tarte Maracuja foundation for optimal hydration (if you like full coverage) and I would try Cover FX water based liquid foundation for light-medium coverage and it looks beautiful and natural much like Bare Minerals. Cover FX is known to help actually TREAT acne, sensitive, and aging skin much like Bare Minerals. 

I hope this helps! Go to your local Sephora or Sephora Inside JCP for a 10 min express service for a Product Consultant to try them on you. They can even show you the Clarisonic. I work at a Sephora Inside JCP :smileyhappy:

hollywo0d

(0) Hearts

I haven't tried Clarisonic. Which one would be more suitable for me? I'm looking into them now but there are different ones. I'll look into Cover FX when I'm at Sephora I'll probably get samples before I buy and put on some my problem areas to see how my skin reacts to what I try. Thanks for the information

connieconcon

(0) Hearts

I agree with YoungSloth. Also I found BE's moisturizers aggravated and itching I had and were not moisturizing enough.  Maybe try a moisturiser from a brand that specializes in skin care.  I also can't recommend cover fx enough.  I believe it was developed by dermatologists for people with skin issues so hopefully you won't react badly to it. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • hollywo0d
    • jennypenny1995
    • Fabz
    • katyed
    • YoungSloth