jennypenny1995

Your Holy Grail Foundation?

If you have combo or oily skin, what's the best, can't-part-with foundation?

artist555

Re: Your Holy Grail Foundation?

(0) Hearts

Mineral Powder.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation SPF 15 in Alabaster.

I hate the new formulation. I'm going to cry when I run out of backups.

jennypenny1995

Even Better.  Really loved it, but, again, Clinique's shade range isn't light enough for me.  

Clinique?  Hello?  Are you seeing a trend here?  Great formulas but limited shades?!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I have the same issue.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Ugh, they have GOT to expand their shades!  They're missing out on so many of us who are buying elsewhere!  Thank you for your post

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I have such a horrible time finding foundation that's light enough- there are so many companies that just won't work for me.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

have you tried Kat Von D lock it foundation? They have some pretty light shades :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

glad someone gets lighter shades are needed!  Personally not keen on full coverage and, since KVD's promotes it can cover tattoos, it's not even an option for me.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

yeah Im not much of a full coverage girl myself.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

gotcha. 

I have combo skin and the foundations I have been liking lately are:

MAC Mineralize Liquid Foundation NC20

Revlon Naked in Vanilla 120

Tarte Smooth Operator in Agent 06

ashhay

(0) Hearts

I am simple when it comes to foundation so I use my chantecaille concealer stick in wheat and Clinique even better foundation in butterscotch. The combination makes my skin look flawless. I am curious about GA maestro foundation from all the reviews I have heard but I probably won't get to try it until 6 to 7 months from now.

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

I have combo skin and I love the Benefit hello flawless oxygen wow liquid foundation. I set it with a powder so it wont be dewy. Looks great and natural for everyday

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Really liked that one, but they don't have a shade light enough for me.  = (

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

I THINK Illamasqua's Skin Base foundation might be my HG!  I just got it on Tuesday so I don't want to jump to conclusions too quickly, but I can say that so far it's my favorite and I have yet to find a flaw.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

NARS Sheer Glow, huh??

redrose04

(0) Hearts

I only have mufe hd, velvet foundation and Kevyn Aucoin sensual foundation I love all of them but I went to Sephora tonight to buy the great deals from anniversary beauty insider and just decided to check the kat von d foundation and I told myself this is it it match my color some foundation too pink or too yellow. So I think i'm going back tomorrow to buy it # 56 it's perfect like it dissolve on my skin.

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I have combination skin -- for shade matching, I love NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia, because it's one of the scant few shades out there that actually matches my skin. (I think "Sheer Glow" is a misnomer, as it's neither sheer nor glowy, but it works really well for me.) Paul & Joe Light Cream Foundation makes a similar shade, so I have that, too. I also like Kat von D Lock-It Tattoo foundation, but I prefer the slight yellow base of NARS and Paul & Joe. My skin is cool-toned, but I like a yellow-based foundation to neutralize the pinkness around my nose, chin and jaw areas.

Manda

I have combination skin and mine would have to be Nars Sheer Glow.  I don't know why, but I enjoy the look of it on my face plus, it doesn't irritate my skin.  I top it off with the Nars setting Light powder.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

The Matte version has gotten horrible reviews, but the Sheer Glow hasn't.  My concern would be shine, especially on my forehead and nose area.  Your experience with that?

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I use NARS Sheer Glow -- but I always experience a little shine mid-day no matter what foundation I use. To combat this, I just make sure to have a good pressed powder with me, and that takes care of the issue. I find that mattifying foundations are sometimes too drying, and I'd rather put up with a little shine.

That said, NARS Sheer Matte was not matte on me, but for some reason, it oxidizes (significantly), where Sheer Glow does not.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • emmaclaire
    • sephoralovex
    • rtista
    • ashhay