jennypenny1995

Your Holy Grail Foundation?

If you have combo or oily skin, what's the best, can't-part-with foundation?

DTalksAll

Re: Your Holy Grail Foundation?

(0) Hearts

I'm now completely obsessed with the AmorePacific CC compact. http://www.sephora.com/color-control-cushion-compact-broad-spectrum-spf-50-P378121?skuId=1496496 I can't believe I waited so long to get it. I'm textbook combo; dry around my nose with an oily forehead. 

I also really like the Dior Air Flash foundation, but it's a cream to powder, so I can't use it when I'm really dry. 

the702diva

387.jpgI have SUPER oily skin and I LOVE Kat Von D's foundation and Armani Maestro Foundation.  Kat von D is full coverage and doesn't transfer and Maestro is just all around perfection!!!

MizzyyzziM

(0) Hearts

I can't live without my Nars Tinted Moisturizer in Finland. And on top Make Up Forever's Pro Finish Powder in 117. Leaves me flawless. If I do have a blemish I use an Urban Decay Concealer Stick under everything. The best way I've been combating my combination skin is with cleansers, scrubs, facial washes, and blemish fighters. Try to stay oil-free. And I try to only apply facial moisturizer in dry spots rather than all over. I feel... if every part of your face is behaving differently than you should treat it accordingly hahaha.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Do you use MUFE's powder as a powder, or do yowe apply it with a damp sponge as a foundation?  Just got a sample of it and was wondering how it does.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Have you ever looked at Dior's Forever Flawless Foundation. It's great for combination skin and also has an invisible touch up powder that's not white but doesn't change the color of your makeup when you use it. Hope this helps!

aviscardi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have combo skin, oily around nose and chin & drier throughout my cheeks and around my mouth

My favorite foundation of all time, MUFE mat velvet +. at one point i was wearing 40 which i found that although i can blend out for the most part- its a bit too yellow unless im tanner. so now i bought 30 and add in a little of the 4o to get some yellow. This is currently the only foundation i mix and am willing to. i love the texture, i apply it most times with a beauty blender. it stays matte on me all day, i especially like it in the warmer months because of its mattifying properties

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

MUFE Matte Velvet Plus, right?

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Yes :smileyhappy:

carrierose

Tried a lot of different ones, but I always go back to Revlon Colorstay.  it covers up my post acne marks so so well and doesn't cake.

the702diva

(0) Hearts

Yes, forgot about Colorstay, it doesn't transfer either, love that.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I was curious about that one...

Spyski

The Lancome I mentioned is Revlon Colorstay's dupe. I didn't like the chemical smell of the revlon so went with the Lancome, get some samples and try it out yourself! :smileyhappy:

carrierose

(0) Hearts

Oh, I didn't know that it was a dupe.  Yeah, that smell is like paint, it can get annoying!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Ooh, good point!

rtista

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

For me, it's been Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation.  Great coverage (best with a flat foundation brush), long lasting, satin finish, and inexpensive.  I used to use Revlon Colorstay, but love the Rimmel one so much more!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Have been wondering about that one.  May have to see if they have light enough shade for me.

Cat588

(0) Hearts

My go-to right now is the L'oreal True Match Lumi. It's a good buy for drugstore. It's got good coverage and leaves a dewy finish and doesn't look cakey.

babybear04

As I've mentioned several times on BT, my HG foundation is the Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation. I'm extremely fair with pink undertones. My shade is is P30

I have oily, acne-prone skin that in sensitive to a lot of ingredients commonly found in many foundations, especially silicone/dimethicone.  Other irritating ingredients for me, in particular, are Talc, Isopropyl Myristate, and Fragrance.

I absolutely adore this foundation for several reasons.  First and foremost, it doesn't break me out like most foundations do.  Secondly, it covers virtually EVERYTHING, including current and post acne marks.  While it covers extremely well, it doesn't feel too heavy on my skin or look cakey.  Also, it doesn't make me oily, which is a plus seeing as though I already have oily skin as it is.  Also, the color match is phenomenal.  Overall an excellent foundation that I plan to continue using as long as it's made!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I'll def have to look into this one.  THANK YOU!

emmaclaire

I'll be watching this thread like a hawk!  I have incredibly pale, neutral to yellow undertones, and combination skin.  While I have a few foundations I really like, I don't have anything I would call my HG yet.  My next step is probably to buy Illamasqua's Skin Base in pure white and adding it to foundations that are great but not light enough.

My current go-to foundations are Smashbox Studio Skin, Kevyn Aucoin Liquid Airbrush, and YSL Teint Eclat.  None are perfect color matches :smileysad:

jennypenny1995

Yay!  So glad I posted this topic!  So many people on here have combo/oily skin according to their posts, and I still have yet to find a formula that has a correct shade and a shine-control enough formula.  I was matched with B10 in YSL's Touch Eclat, so let's see if a HG for ME pops up in this thread!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • emmaclaire
    • sephoralovex
    • rtista
    • ashhay