krunce

YSL Rebel Nudes swatches?

(0) Hearts

Hey guys! I just caved and got my first YSL Glossy Stain in Peche Cerra-Cola, which is a lovely, angelic coral nude on me. I'm really enjoying how it feels, and its finish. It's a really luxurious, long lasting gloss with medium pigment. My favourite things about it is that it achieves long lasting shine without being sticky. I'm no enemy to stickiness, but whatever YSL is doing to make this shine last, it lasts way longer than the stickier-the-better formula!

Ok, on to my question! :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: I've been scoping out the YSL Rebel Nudes glossy stains, which are all lovely and sooo fun, but they're all kinda difficult colours to wear. I can't, for the life of me, find anyone swatching this on their lips! If anyone has any of the Rebel Nudes, would you post a swatch up here, or if you know of a site with lip swatches, wanna point me that way?

Thanks so much!

krunce

Re: YSL Rebel Nudes swatches?

(0) Hearts

Ya it does look pretty brown doesn't it. :smileysad: So saaaaad.

syritt

(0) Hearts

Sorry, still can't reply direct. 101 in the store was really brown, and was the only one that didn't stain my hand at all. It was just very dark and not a nude at all. On the applicator it was this medium purple/gray and then I put it on my hand and it darkened almost immediately. I'm almost positive now it was too old or mixed or something. I would LOVE to see other people's swatches or hear from them about it.

syritt

(0) Hearts

I'm a little confused by how different  a couple of her swatches look in some of the colors, like 101. I think maybe the one I swatched at Sephora was a lot older? Cause the color on her hand and lips was this great nude (what I was expecting it to look like before I went to the store), and on my hand it turned almost brown. It was what stopped me from buying it in the store that day... But most of the others look about the same. Hmm.

kimchikween

Older and previously used?  I know that sometimes the eyeshadows for testing look horrible because people were using their fingers and mixing colors, etc...  There's also lighting differences that can make an impact.

krunce

(0) Hearts

I'm with you guys. I'm also kinda excited about the Rebel Nudes 101. It's a really interesting mauvey grey nude that I'm not used to seeing, but it really didn't show up as anything on her swatches :s

Syritt, was that your experience of the 101 in store?

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

It swatches mauvey with lovely sparkles but when I put it on my lips it did turn brown.  I didn't compliment my skin tone at all.I am  really wanting  110 !!

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

it's a little more mauvey grey here but she put a lot of product on her hand

swfupload_5864525188679126783.jpg

beautylovingirl

OH MY GOD!! I'm in a total trance right now~ O.O

syritt

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Ah, that's right!  I forgot to bookmark that one - thx for providing the link!

kimchikween

[ Edited ]

retailtherapy posted photos and swatches

Go to retailtherapy dot onsugar dot com

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • beautylovingirl