ptami

Would like to know if you are suppose to wear a primer under the new BB or CC products

aviscardi

Re: Would like to know if you are suppose to wear a primer under the new BB or CC products

(0) Hearts

I think its personal preference. I wore SB CC alone  and i think i just moisturized and it was fine for the short 5hr day. But my days tend to be at least 10hrs with makeup so i prefer to do my usual routine of moisturizer and primer that is oil controlling.

laurabt

Re: Would like to know if you are suppose to wear a primer under the new BB or CC products

I agree with Lylysa, it's up to you.  CC creams are like fancy primers, so I might not with those.  But I do sometimes use a primer under BB cream just for added staying power, or a little more oil control if I know I'm going to be in hot weather. :smileyhappy: -Laura

lylysa

Honestly, the option is up to you as it lies in personal preference. Though BB and CC creams tote priming benefits, depending on your skin type and issues you might face, the priming aspect in them may not be enough, thus leading to the use of a separate primer. For example, if your skin is extremely oily or you have visible pores, a BB/CC cream might not address those things entirely.

Experiment and see what works best for you! The point of BB and CC creams is to keep things relatively light and natural, so if you're looking for full coverage or to look completely evened out and made up, it might not be the best option on its own. But if you want something to cut down on time and to make skin look effortless and just freshened up, they're great!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • lylysa
    • laurabt
    • ptami