tashalicious

Why does my makeup look washed out in pictures?

(0) Hearts

Should i be wearing heavier makeup for pictures? or is there a special type of makeup used for photos?

beautylovingirl

Re: Why does my makeup look washed out in pictures?

No I don't think it's the coverage type. Just use something like a bronzer or highlighter in places you look dull to put that touch of radiance where you need it. I know you don't want to looked washed out but you definitely don't want to look like you have a mask on either.

tashalicious

the main thing for me is  that i don't see the color in my makeup,especially eye shadows and blush, as someone suggested i'm going to try going heavier than i normally would.

beautylovingirl

Oh your just talking about your eye makeup and blush? Sorry I thought you were saying like your whole face looks washed out. But yeah on those certain points of your face I think that would help.:smileyhappy:

kenny

Usually I find for pictures I try to go lighter with foundation and heavier with eye makeup. As mentioned by someone else, make sure there is no spf in the foundation, as this will wash out your skin. I also try to contour and highlight and add blush to add more dimension and color to my face. For eye makeup, more is better. It is hard for eye makeup to translate in a photo, so darker and more than you usually wear is better.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

camera quality & lighting play a big part too! 

Emeraldlight

To: Kiki

I think a lot has to do with the background that is around you. The white background would cause things to appear lighter, because the outdoor light is bouncing off of it and onto your face.  The side of your face in which is behind the beige background actually looks more colorful.  I don't think it's so much your makeup. If you were to correlate your eye shadow with something that had the same tones in it, for instance your jewelry. Your eye shadow would "pop" out more.  Your necklace is very beautiful, but that is what catches my eye when I first look at the picture, because it is sparkly. If I cover it up necklace and glance at the red strap on your purse, your eye shadow seems to show up better. Btw you look like a model!

neko333

Though some of it can be the makeup it can also have something to do with how you edit your photos. I like to fool around with all the gadgets on Photoshop  and can get really different effects. I don't take photos of myself (ever) but I've had to edit a few for other people and got to playing with it. Not to mention if you know how you can just airbrush them. 

Kiki1517

I feel like my face makeup is fine in pics but just like you said, my eyemakeup doesn't stand out. So I'm always wondering exactly how much makeup girls have on in pics as well or if I'm just doing something wrong. I had on burgundy and purple eyeshadow today and you can barely see it!

tashalicious

Exactly!! my smokey eye on this pic completely vanished

33998_135024389858339_5118182_n.jpg

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Ahhhhh I love your curly hair! :smileyvery-happy:

nebel

I think you're both gorgeous!

poohblueberry

Hi KiKi!

Just wanted to let you know that you are very photogenic! I have seen a picture of you with longer hair (on another thread) and I think you should keep your haircut short b/c you really rock it!!  Also, because you are so photogenic, you may think about modeling!

P.S. My kittybaby's name is Ki-Ki too!

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Thank you, I really really miss my long hair though :smileysad:

I don't think I would make a great model, I get super shy as soon as anyone is around lol. A few years ago I did this boudoir shoot with a friend to give to our hubbys for Valentine's day and I'm pretty sure the photographer hated me as I was so stiff lol, she was getting visibly frustrated. 

Even though I was asking for a friend someone  told me I was too big to model. She was like, you have to be a size 0-2, everyone else gets turned down (I'm a 8-10). I was like ummmm thanks but I'm not asking about myself?!

bambina2011

You are so pretty! What lipstick are you wearing and where is that gorgeous necklace from? 😊

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

The lip color are two from the Give Me More Lip Set:

Too Faced La Crème Color Drenched Lip Cream in Marshmallow Bunny

BUXOM® Full-Bodied™ Lip Cream in White Russian

http://www.sephora.com/give-me-more-lip-P382574?skuId=1552116

And the necklace is from Forever 21.

arielaaaaaaaa

I love your hair! :smileyvery-happy: 

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Thank you, finally not so awkward in this grow out phase.

JenBlush

i have tried EVERYTHING! With SPF, No SPF, and i can NEVER take a nice picture with flash without there being a white cast! I gave up already! I dont know what to look for anymore and i don't know how these girls on Instagram and everything do it! :smileysad:

MermaidBarbie

I've heard that the camera washes out like 20% of color in photos, so it is a good idea to put a little more than you would for taking photographs. Also, SPF over 10 can cast a ghostly shade over the face.

JGSFLA

My makeup never shows up well in pictures...idk why lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • bambina2011
    • neko333