bearsmom

Who has tried products in Tarte's Amazonian Clay line??

Always interested in products I've never tried and this time Tarte Amazonian Clay got my attention.  How do they compare quality wise to other products you've used??   How do they look and feel??  Also curious about Smooth Operator.

kenny

Re: Who has tried products in Tarte's Amazonian Clay line??

Yes, I really like the line (from what I tried).

-The concealer is amazing it is very long lasting and waterproof, so it's great for  little spot concealing in the summer.

-The gel liner is applies true to color and lasts all day (also waterproof).

-The cream shadows don't crease and are long lasting.

- The Mascara is great for a more natural look and doesn't smudge.

- The Brow Mousse for me is becoming an HG product pretty quickly. I prefer  bolder brow and this easily does the job and it's easy to blend for a natural look with a spoolie

For the most part I've found the amazonian clay line to be great, they're long-lasting and many are water-proof which is great for summer.

consolvo

I own all the products mentioned so far + the 12-hour BB Cream. I am loving it all and feel like my overall complexion has benefited from using this line.

I also bought the concealer, but will likely go a different route when I run out. It works fine, but doesn't go with the more matte finish of the foundation and BB cream.

bearsmom

I waswas was really curious about the BB cream.  Have you tried any other BB creams??  How much coverage foes it give??  Is it moisturizing??

consolvo

I would say the BB gives light to medium coverage. In fact, I use it alone most of the time over a light primer like Hourglass and call it done! It's not really moisturizing, but my skin is normal so I use it after serum and SPF moisturizer.

That sounds like a lot of layers, but really, it isn't. The BB is not thick.

Check the reviews and get a sample if possible!

jennypenny1995

And, their Finishing Powder is awesome.  Really does give an airbrushed look without caking.

jennypenny1995

Agree: 12-Hour Foundation is truly long-wearing, has mousse-like texture, and covers well.  My favorite?  Their blushes.  Exposed and Dollface are the best and really do go all day without fading.

StraightRhodes

The blushes are very nice and the color lasts a long time. I have never tried to foundation though as it is a little too yellow for me.

ezinabee

I have the Amazonian Clay 12-hour foundation, and it really stays on. I went to the pool in 95 degree heat and it was still on afterwards. Then, in the shower, I had to wash my face twice to get it all off. The coverage is wonderful, but it's thicker than other foundations. Not heavier per say, but a very thick texture. Almost like a cream foundation instead of a liquid. I recommend it though. It's like $38, but it's 1.7oz instead of the typical 1oz, and is useful for times when you don't want your makeup to fall off.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • kenny
    • jennypenny1995
    • consolvo
    • bearsmom
    • StraightRhodes
    • ezinabee