tristensthamann

Which is your favourite foundation?

bobbibrown.pngBobbi Brown

56be72ef-6f3f-41f6-be0f-0c49c5c5e868.jpgNars

s1340991-main-hero.jpg

I love hearing about peoples favorite foundations so everyone should share their favorite foundations and what skin type you have and also why you love it so much!! Do share :smileyhappy:

mstars

Re: Which is your favourite foundation?

(0) Hearts

I absolutely love the Kat Von D lock it tattoo foundation defenitly the best out there well on my skin :smileyhappy:

amelila

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

image.jpg

I love my Armani! The texture is amazing, it feels very light and soft.

facesbyjes

(0) Hearts

Diorskin Airflash, Shiseido Stick Foundation, bareMinerals Ready Foundation (Compact) are just a few... I'm obsessed with trying new things but I replenish those most often.

aggiegirl2012

(0) Hearts

My skin varies severely due to allergies so my favorites are in categories.

When I'm having great slightly combo skin with only a little bit of pink:

I reach for UD Naked Skin. It stays on through a 12 hr day & golf practice.

When I'm kinda dry:

Shiseido the make dual balancing foundation. It's medium coverage and not drying.

When my skin is red angry and flaking off:

Estee Lauder revitalift resiliance

When I'm so oily I glisten:

MAC Matchmaster. It stays on, covers blemishes and keeps me matte without powder longer than anything I've used. 

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I have normal to dry skin and my nose and chin are red, so I like foundation with enough coverage to cover up the redness and also to be long-lasting.  My current favorites are tarte BB cream, tarte 12 hour Amazonian Clay, Dior nude hydrating liquid, Sephora instant radiance liquid foundation and Sephora microsmooth powder foundation.

sarinalove

(0) Hearts

My favorite liquid foundation is: Illamasqua Skin Base

and

My favorite powder foundation is: Makeup Forever Pro Finish

It used to be duo mat but their are more colors in pro finish that matched my skin tone and after trying it out for over a month I think it works even better than I thought.

kirstensf

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My top 3 favorites would be the MUFE HD foundation, the Dior Airflash, and the Hourglass Immaculate.  I have combination skin.

dannyc

(0) Hearts

I have a few different types depending on what my skin is doing. 

The one's I'm reaching for most often are: 

- Hourglass Immaculate - I love how easy it is to apply & I don't need to set it. It's my lazy day foundation

- Dior Airflash - another liquid to powder but gives a different finish. 

- Dior Forever Flawless Foundation Powder - Good coverage, stays in my purse for touchups/emergencies. 

- Amore Pacific CC compact - For days I'm dry, congested... 

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

Mine is bare minerals ready foundation in fairly light?

drrragon

Right now I'm really loving KVD for the skin-finish full coverage it gives me.  My acne is finally clearing up but earlier this year I NEEDED that full coverage pretty badly!  Any other foundation left me working with concealer for like, an hour, covering all those blemishes.  KVD saved me so much time!

Now that I have less need for full coverage, I still find it ideal for travel because I can put literally 3 pumps and a bit of moisturizer into a tiny 5g jar and that is good enough for 5 full face applications!  

For medium coverage my favorite is the discontinued Lancome Teinte Idole Ultra (I think they kept the name but the one sold now is a different formula).  That stuff was amazing and felt so light on my skin.  The Becca that they were giving away as blister pack samples might be a good substitute though....we shall see....

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

I really have been wanting to try kvd, I keep hearing so many good things about it!

MilaSilva

(0) Hearts

I purchased the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation, and it's looks flawless on my skin when using a beauty blender. :smileyhappy: It usually just takes one pump and I'm good to go! It has a medium coverage and is buildable. The finish is very natural looking. 

I've been eyeing the KVD Lock It Tattoo Foundation for a little while now, actually. A lot of people seem to love it, but it's not oil-free, which worries me since my skin gets oily throughout the day... :/

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

Kat Von D for the AAAH-need-heavy-coverage days:

But for the better, clearer skin days, I've always loved wearing Benefit's Hello Flawless. I love the sheer, dewy finish...

...or  Sephora Instant Airbrush. I LOVE how light it feels.

A couple others I've only sampled but reallyyyyy liked:

Smashbox Halo HD:

and MUFE invisible HD:

solveig

(0) Hearts

Hourglass Immaculate foundation is my holy grail, however it has become a little too much for my skin since the temperature's dropped a little. I tried BB Long-Wear foundation and was left unimpressed by it. It didn't last long at all! Plus it made my face feel a little sticky. Now it's been a week since I've started using MUFE Mat Velvet+ and so far I am liking it.

BrennaMcD

(0) Hearts

My favorite is Clarins Ever Matte. It looks exactly like skin and matches my skintone perfectly. It keeps my oily skin at bay without looking cakey. 

LuckyWinter

(0) Hearts

I LOVE Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. Its water based and I feel like the longer I wear it, the better it looks! I have mild oily skin and it really does last really good and its easy to wash off, I feel like it make my skin glow, like no other foundation, and I am a pink tone, and that foundation is really PINK but it does not look pink on me. (on my hand it look pink) But its a great foundation in overall :smileyhappy:

Crescent312

(0) Hearts

My favourite is Bobbi brown skin foundation!! I love the natural finish and the shad suits my skin totally. It also feels light like you not wearing anything on your face!

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

At this point the Givenchy Fluid Foundation Airy-Light Mat Radiance and Dior Airflash almost tie. I love how the givenchy is matte and radiant at the same time and gives me a smooth, porcelain looking coverage without making me look fake -- you can still see my freckles.Dior Airflash really does give an airbrushed look, and I got it in a shade darker -- so its like a skin-perfecting foundation+ spray tan for me.

drrragon

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Right now, it's hands-down Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo because my skin needs full coverage.  I find it incredible that I only need a tiny amount (maybe only half a pump) for my whole face.  When I was using Lancome Teinte Idole I sometimes used two pumps!  At the end of a really long day I check in the mirror and it still looks great, which surprised me at first because I was so used to looking patchy at the end of a long work day.

When I can get away with less coverage, I like Lancome Dual Finish powder foundation.  Once it settles, it looks really natural and not as powdery as you'd expect.

I guess my skin type nowadays is combination/oily.  It used to be super super dry until just last year though.

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

I haven't found one that works for me yet. I have pale skin, but I've got bits of rosacea and freckles. I've been thinking about trying KVD Lock it after hearing so many good things about it...and now I'm seeing mention of Hourglass Immaculate, which seems like it could work. I don't know what to do!

Anyone have any suggestions?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • dannyc
    • mberteig
    • sephoramusthave
    • kirstensf