tristensthamann

Which is your favourite foundation?

bobbibrown.pngBobbi Brown

56be72ef-6f3f-41f6-be0f-0c49c5c5e868.jpgNars

s1340991-main-hero.jpg

I love hearing about peoples favorite foundations so everyone should share their favorite foundations and what skin type you have and also why you love it so much!! Do share :smileyhappy:

redd1989

Re: Which is your favourite foundation?

(0) Hearts

Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation for me. Because I have such an uneven skin tone, oily and dry skin (I would say combination, but hat just does not cover it) and I am rediculously pale (like vampira pale) this foundation is a complete life saver. Embarassing though, that I'm 24 and I've only just found a foundation that works for me...

sephoramusthave

1. KVD Lock it Tattoo Foundation

2. Lancôme Dual Finish Foundation

3. Flower Beauty About Face Foundation

I've become quite obsessed with "face" makeup lately. LOVE it. :smileyvery-happy:

kimmi1115

I don't have a set favorite yet.  I'm still searching for my HG foundation.  Here are the ones that I've tried:

TheBalm BalmShelter TM

Clinique Moisture Surge TM

Neutrogena Shine Control Makeup

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup

Of those, my favorite so far is the Healthy Skin Enhancer.  

poemelyric

I go with the Nars tinted moisturizer with their powder foundation over it.  I have oily skin and it sets perfectly.  I tried the Kat Von D Lock It foundation.  The color I ordered was wrong but I wore it for a while to test it out and it seems like it holds up pretty well to oily skin.  I reordered in a different shade so hopefully it will be a match but I was impressed.

aviscardi

My favorite fdn to date is mufe mat velvet +! :smileyhappy: im a mufe lover hahah. i like that i can get medium to full cvg but also apply it with a beauty blender or damp brush for a lighter application, its especially great in the warmer months to keep me matte.  close runner up is the hd which is a satin, lighter finish... ok and then chanel vitalumiere aqua and ud naked skin....

I have combo skin, but either way even when im drier in the winter i prefer a matte finish. i like that the chanel gives me a little bit of a glow without going dewy. and the ud is semi matte/satin light cvg

beautylovingirl

I love MAC studiofix powder foundation and I love it because it never let's me down. :smileyhappy:

hmpham

(0) Hearts

Big fan of the airflash! It's a shame it's too pricey for me that I had to resort to a cheaper alternative- I use bareminerals for light coverage days, and NARS sheer glow foundation for heavier coverage 

bananachoox3

mxcx is making me wanna go to my Sephora and get the Hourglass Immaculate foundation. Right now I'm more into BB cream but foundation wise, I'm loving the MUFE HD foundation.

mxcx

YES you definitely should! Or at least get a sample. (: Do you have oily skin? If you do, the Hourglass Immaculate is honestly a godsend. I've tried most of the long-wearing, mattifying foundations in Sephora and seriously none of them have matched up even halfway to Hourglass Immaculate. 

I really like the MUFE HD for its coverage and natural-looking finish, but it melts off me in pretty much two hours flat. ): I can start to see separation and the oils peeking through my face around then. 

The only thing about Hourglass Immaculate I'd caution about is that it oxidizes A LOT. I would recommend choosing your undertone (the descriptions on the website are actually pretty accurate as far as my match went) and then going one shade lighter than you think you need to. Once you put it on, give it about an hour and it'll oxidize significantly. 

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Depending on my mood, the weather and my skin, my favs are

Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Extra Repair Foundation SPF 25- This is the most lovely, dewy hydrating foundation!

swfupload_2331438523523489389.jpg

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation- Covers everything and LASTS

swfupload_874850667555899740.jpgMUFE Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation- Perfect for my skin when it's hot and humid out!

swfupload_5552781904420604352.jpg

bananachoox3

Most foundation as you produce oil through out the day tends to oxidizes, and sadly I'm oily. lol

Aw really? MUFE HD seems to last me till the end of the day with a touch up in the middle of the day. 

I'll go get matched for it the next time I'm in Sephora. I just need to   use up most of my foundations first.

If you have oily skin and likes medium-full coverage try checking out Tarte's 12 foundation and MUFE Mat Velvet. These are pretty good with oil controlling but do tend to feel heavy on face. 

miabt

Right now my favorite foundation in the KVD Lock It Foundation.  I know a lot of people say its heavy & not for every day use, but using a Beauty Blender & half a pump does it for me :smileyhappy:  I never have to set it & it truly lasts all day!

Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

mxcx

I've tried both fo those and unfortunately they didn't work for me. ): I loved the feel of Tarte's foundation, but it lasted maybe a little bit better than the MUFE HD, and Mat Velvet caked up on my face within an hour sigh. But thank you for the suggestions, and I hope you love Hourglass Immaculate as much as I do when you do get a chance to try it out! ^___^

lolo01

One of the best samples I received was Hourglass Immaculate lol I agree with you on the how did I live without it part MXCX

mxcx

<3

mxcx

Hourglass Immaculate xinfinity! I don't know how I ever lived without it.

My skin type is crazy oily, acne-prone, and very blemish-prone. I also have uneven skintone, lots of hyperpigmentation, and scarring (from cystic acne). Hourglass Immaculate is the only one that lasts more than a couple hours on me, doesn't feel heavy (especially because I need to build up foundation to many layers), and still look rather natural. 

lolo01

My favorite summer foundation is Hourglass Immaculate since its matte which is the look I like in summer.. In the winter my fav is Korres Antiaging Foundation because I lean towards the glowy look! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

Foundation seems to be a popular subject lately.  I've said this recently, so I apologize for repeating myself:

I absolutely love Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation.  It gives full coverage, stays matte all day, stays in place all day, doesnt transfer and has a georgous finish that is never cakey looking.  Any time I wear foundation, my skin gets oily,and this is the only one I have tried (and I have tried a lot) that controls the oil all day with no powder touch ups.  It is just an all around great foundation!  The only thing I don;t like is the packaging, as it doesn;t have any sort of pump.  If they would improve the packaging (something comparable to Kat Von D's foundation would be awesome lol) it would be perfect :smileyhappy:

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Tristensthamann,

My favorite foundation of the moment is the Nars Sheer Glow. It perfect for summer and adds pretty sheen to my face. My skin has been feeling a bit drier and this adds a pretty glow. I also love the tone. I have a yellow undertone and usually foundations are too beige on me. I got the color Stromboli - medium with olive undertones.

<3 Melissa
laurabt

Hi tristensthamann, my favorite foundation (of the moment) is Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation.  I love how light and airy it is, but still gives a very even, flawless finish.  I spray it onto my Sephora Pro Flawless Airbrush #56 and then buff it onto my face.  It lasts all day too!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Dior Airflash.jpg

wordcutouts

(0) Hearts

I loved the concept of this foundation, but even the lightest color isn't light enough for me. I was very disappointed because the texture is absolutely amazing.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • sephoramusthave
    • kirstensf
    • poemelyric