infinitise

Which foundation is this dewy and moisturizing?

I know this is like.. not typical, but I think Infiinite Sungyeol's skin is one of the most natural yet dewy and moisturized I've seen in celebrities.. 

I went through everything but can't find what he's using. 

its not photoshopped because he actually looks like this on TV and fan pics too.. 

the color/shade is what I'm looking for also. something light yellow thats not too yellow and tacky.. 

can anyone suggest something that'll look like this? 

I have combination skin that looks dehydrated with wrong kind of foundation.. for example even UD naked looks rather cakey and dry on my skin especially as time goes on... tumblr_m7ubr4YtMM1qc32n5o1_1280.jpgSung-Yeol4.jpge0125289_503a31713b400.jpg

evno

Re: Which foundation is this dewy and moisturizing?

(0) Hearts

I stopped by, just to see the pictures.... xD

infinitise

lol 

my current bias 

i hate how my heart flutters while I come in to read the reviews in the library... 

jullysay

(0) Hearts

Cushion Foundation is very popular in Korea these days. I haven't tried the one by Amore Pacific that Sephora sells but have tried others from Korean brands such as Hera and Laneige. The Laneige one is very moisturizing but doesnt provide as much coverage as the Hera one. I find it doesnt emphasize the dry patches since you are patting the foundation on with a puff so its a thin layer and you can pat more on if you desire. I love using cushion foundation for days when I feel my skin is drier and regular foundation would look cakey on my skin. But since it is an Asian product the shade range is very limited.

http://www.sephora.com/color-control-cushion-compact-broad-spectrum-spf-50-P378121?skuId=1496496

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you for your advice :smileyhappy: 

I actually have the Laneige and Espoir cushion foundations (yea.. I have problems not buying new foundations..) 

I love the espoir one because it tightly hugs the skin and give a nice glow without being sticky (like the iope one my mom used to use), but the color "ivory warm" is very ... red and beige-y .. I don't know where they were going with the color.. 

the Laneige one is nice as well, a bit thicker (mine is the snow BB cushion.. the regular one is probably a bit thinner) but the color again is very weird,.. I bought the #21, but its a dark beige that oxidizes into a darker color.. 

How is Hera with their color and stickiness? or do you know any cushions that have a very light yellow color? T_T 

its so convenient because they have SPF50++ as well..

jullysay

(0) Hearts

I also have the Laneige one in the same shade as you and I dont find that it oxidizes on me. The Hera one I have in the shade #23 and both work fine for me. The Hera one does provide more coverage compared to the Laneige. The Hera one is not as dewy/glowy looking as the Laneige but I do powder my t-zone when using either one. 

Another foundation that I recommend is the Shu Uemura Illuminating Foundation. They have a lot of great colors for yellow/Asian skin tone. I found the Illuminating one is not as glowy as their new Lightbulb one so it does last longer for on my face. I'm from Canada so I can get Shu Uemura products at The Bay or Holts...not sure about the US though. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I thankfully go to school in Canada too 

(because of the citizenship status) and my parents live in US which works nicely 

but where I go to school sucks and their Bays don't have Shu :smileysad: 

only Holt does and they don't like giving samples.. 

But thank you! are you talking about the face architect foundation? 

I tried the lightbulb last month I think... but it made my face look so ever "cracked" from dryness... :smileysad: 

do you recommend a certain color? 

I'm actually a perfect #21 if not a tad tad bit lighter.. 

I should test the Hera one out the next time I go to korea 

Thank you :smileyhappy: 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

In the second picture I don't think he's wearing makeup at all. So the shiny, glowy, dewy, moisture is his skin. 

infinitise

I think that's the whole point of "boy idol makeup".. look bareface but still perfect 

I heard a celebrity makeup artist talk about wearing a very very thin layer of a foundation that has a really good coverage.. but I haven't tried it.. 

his management company spending 4~5 thousand a month on his skin probably helps... alot... T_T

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Also I don't think UD Naked should be looking dry at all. Do you have a good skin care routine going? 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I do T_T

I even put facial oil under the moisturizer in the morning as well 

I use Ole Henriksen's truth serum - boscia pink oil - and either fresh lotus or FAB one 

and still looks dehydrated after a few hours of wearing makeup.. 

I've been trying a few different primers like smashbox light, smashbox hydrating, hourglass mineral veil, estee lauder matte, nars light reflecting.. but all almost the same..

Kiki1517

Pretty sure he has flawless skin to begin with, so if your's is not the same, you're not going to achieve the same results. For example, I have a ton of acne scars so there is no way that I could wear a lightweight foundation and look like this. However if you have decent skin, a very sheer foundation will help achieve this dewy look. I would recommend MAC Face & Body. You could also mix liquid illumizer in with moisturizer. I like Josie Maran's Argan Illuminator.

infinitise

Thank you for your advice :smileyhappy: 

I've heard about kpop people spending thousands of dollars each month on dermatology and skin polishing..so you're probably right .. I probably wouldn't be able to get that kind of skin, but I just wanted something maybe similar .. 

I also go with semi matte.. so something glowy and bright for a change maybe :smileyhappy: 

I didn't think about mac F&B but I've heard great things about them :smileyhappy: I'll give them a shot 

laurabt

Hi vvib,

I think he's probably wearing a BB Cream.  I recommend trying Dior Hydra Life BB Creme which is moisturizing and comes in golden tones. Also Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Smart Gel BB will give skin a youthful glow.

:smileyhappy: -Laura

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Hi Larua, Thank you for your advice 

I didn't think BB creams could look so flawless and natural at the same time because I was under the impression that they're usually grey, reddish, and thicker.. 

but Thank you! I'll look into these :smileyhappy: 

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

Have you tried the Smashbox Liquid Halo or the Buxum Show Some Skin? Both have very light coverage and natural dewy finish. I have oily skin and tried both and didn't like it at the time because both didn't have enough coverage to cover my acne scars and I got oily really fast. The Buxom evened my skin tone, but didn't cover much. If I layered it, i would've probably gotten the coverage that i wanted. It should be perfect for dry skin

infinitise

I haven't actually tried both.. 

do they have the kind of color I might be looking for? nothing pink or beige.. very light yellow T_T 

Thank you for your suggestion 

malday

[ Edited ]

For the Buxom one you might want to try the shade Dim the Light. It's in the light range and yellow toned, and since it's super sheer it won't be glaringly obvious if it's not a super exact match. I found that I couldn't really build coverage with that foundation so I did have to conceal a few dark spots with it. 

Maybe be you can get a sample, I know they had some for a while at checkout and a code for a deluxe sample. It does give a nice dewy finish, which unfortunately made my t zone oily quicker bit if that's not a problem you have then I think you'll like the finish. 

infinitise

Thank you for sharing :smileyhappy: 

I think the code still might work at least for a few shades :smileyhappy: 

I have combination skin too and summer is coming.. so i'll try and figure something out hopefully... :smileyhappy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • malday
    • Kiki1517
    • infinitise
    • evno
    • laurabt