seekayy

Which finishing powder to use?

My friend did my makeup for prom, but I have another prom to go to and I'm absolutely clueless on what to do. I know which primer to use (Smashbox photo finish original) but I don't know which powder to finish off with. Should I use the smash box finishing powder or the Too Faced candlelight finish powder? I love the glow the Too Faced one promises but I don't like how you can't buy a smaller size like the smash box one (I don't ever wear makeup so I don't really need any big products). Which can you recommend? 

seekayy

Re: Which finishing powder to use?

Thanks everyone! So I guess I'll go with smashbox for primer and MUFE hd microfinish powder or laura mercier. I'm going to try and borrow a friend's UD setting spray. Thanks to all!

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I'm guessing you are probably going to be taking a lot of photographs? If that's the case, you might want to stay away from Too Faced Candlelight, as it has very fine bits of sparkle in it. I've never worn this for photographs, but I'm thinking it might show up. Anyone have personal experience with this?

My favorite finishing powder is also Laura Mercier, gives a great finish to your skin!

seekayy

(0) Hearts

yep, tons of photos, especially for this second prom! Thanks for the advice (:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Yeah I've had the HD in the tiny size since last summer and it looks like I've hardly used out of it.

dianabt

Hi Seekayy,

Did you prefer a loose powder or a pressed? I love pressed powders since you can carry them around for touchups but loose powders tend to look softer and more natural. :smileyhappy: The MUFE HD powder is great, you only need a tiny bit, plus it does come in a mini size which is more than enough.

HD Microfinish Powder

The Too Faced Candlelight IS a favorite of mine just for its soft glow to the skin and its easy to carry pressed powder compact. That being said, are you more oily or combination skin? You may like the candelight as a highlight powder but for a setting or finishing powder it might be TOO radiant!

Absolutely Invisible Candlelight Powder

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
beautylovingirl

The HD powder from MUFE my personal fave!:smileyhappy:

prosopon

+1 on the Make up forever hd microfinish powder.

I also recommend Urban decay all nighter make up setting spray.  This does a great job setting your entire look after the powder.  I was a bit skeptical the first time I used it, but figured I had nothing to lose.  I did not have to retouch my make up for the rest of the evening.  Since then, I have used it on multiple occassions with the same great result.

ashleynne

translucent.jpg

Yes, here it is. One of the products I push most on this forum. My Laura Mercier loose setting powder. It's soft and the powder glides on so smoothly. You get over double the amount compared to other loose setting powders for pretty much the same price. It's a sliver away from the full 5 stars for ratings. So check it out :smileywink: I love love love it!!!

onomotopoeia9

I agree that the smashbox photofinish is an amazing primer!

For a finishing powder, I would recommend the MUFE hd microfinish powder. It really gives a flawless look that perfects while maintaining and prolonging the rest of your makeup. It gives a satiny look AND feel!

It actually comes in small, but I didn't realize until I finished typing this :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • dianabt
    • crayzeeRN
    • ashleynne
    • beautylovingirl
    • onomotopoeia9