Daniela1387

Where to get Asian BB creams?

(0) Hearts

I want to try some bb creams from Asia but have clue where to start looking, what brands to trust quality wise? are there stores here that sell them? 

BamaCaliGirl

Re: Where to get Asian BB creams?

Amazon. You can find tons of asian products on there for a good price but with lots of reviews so you have a good idea of what you're getting. I also noticed that one person said shipping takes months, but it normally only takes 2-5 weeks and is surprisingly cheap.

chauncie

(0) Hearts

@aviscardi Correct me if im wrong but are you referring to the lioele bb cream in the pink and white tube? If that's the one, then there are 2 types. There Is the lioele beyond the solution (which is darker) and then there is the lioele triple the solution bb cream (which is a tad lighter.)

For reference I think im around a Nc15 and the beyond the solution was way too dark for me. I think it would be ok for nc20-25..maybe a little darker?? The beyond the solution doesn't have any SPF in it though, only the triple one does.

But like I said to @Daniela1387, you might wanna look up a few videos on youtube about it. there are a ton of vids on lioele products.

Good luck!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Yes both of them.   I don't wear mac so I can't compare

chauncie

(0) Hearts

Well im pretty fair, so most bb creams match my skin tone pretty well. What I usually do for any product I try out is that I look up a video of it on youtube.

There are tons of videos on bb creams. But honestly the one brand that has the most colors is Missha. #13 is almost white, and I think that the darkest color is #31 which I think is sort of a creamy brown. I usually go between #13 and #21. Most of the Missha bb creams have a slight grey tone to them.

But like I said, your best bet is to look up the bb creams that you are interested in trying out on youtube. you can get swatches and reviews :smileyvery-happy:

Ps....If you make an account of missha, they will most likely give you a free bb cream!!! They sometimes give out freebies :smileyvery-happy:

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Can anyone that's used the leoeli bbs list what shades in other foundations ? I'm trying to decide if it will fit my skin tone 

chauncie

A brand that I always use is Missha. The most popular bb cream they make is called the Missha perfect cover bb cream. It comes in a variety of colors ( I think it comes in 5 colors). It has an SPF of 42pa+++. They also have I think 4 other types of bb creams. You can find it at misshaus.com

Skin79 is also a very popular brand. The "hot pink" version is the most popular. Skin79 has a large variety of bb creams...from snail type to gold type. You can find Skin79 at prettyandcute.com, keautystore.com...ebay (but be careful because some sellers sell fake creams. only buy from Korean vendors).

BRTC has a lot of bb cream too. I usually buy mine from ebay.

Mizon is another good brand, I usually buy a lot of my bb creams from ebay. Like I said only buy from Korean vendors. "besybuy77" is a REALLY good seller, I've made many purchases from him.

Also, "gooditem2012" (on ebay) sells a TON of skinfood items. Skinfood is a really nice brand that is based on a lot of fruits and vegetables.

Lol I buy a lot from ebay :smileyvery-happy:

Daniela1387

How do you know which colors match your skin tone if youre getting them from online?

connieconcon

(0) Hearts

I've always felt like it's a little bit of a crap shoot. But there are a few things to keep in mind that have helped me make an educated guess when picking out BB creams to try. 

There are a few brands that consistently oxidize yellow or oxidize grey, so it helps to know if you're cool or warm and look up reviews to see if the one you're considering is going to go cool or warm.

The other thing is that asian BB creams tend to come only a handful of shades, so if you can find a source that swatches a few on the same skin and in the same lighting, you can make some guesses about what's going to work for you.  The downside is that they only match your skin if you're really fair, which is what asians tend to prefer (and it's why so many asian brands claim to lighten your skin), but americans and europeans prefer the tanned look so it's a little harder to find a good match sometimes.

If you live anywhere near a china town, japan town, or korea town, you should be able to find some BB creams in random stores in those areas too!

sephoralovex

[ Edited ]

imomoko.com

They're based in LA, California so shipping wouldnt take months as if they were to be shipped from Asia.

I've order from them plenty of times

connieconcon

sasa.com is a good source too! 

Here's a starting point.  Jen reviews a huge number of asian bb creams.

http://www.frmheadtotoe.com/2010/12/huge-bb-cream-overview-reviews-swatches.html

KayyLynn

prettyandcute.com I love Lioelle!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • sephoralovex
    • aviscardi