maryelizabethxo

Whats the best foundation and setting powder for very oily skin

I've been searching for years for a good foundation and setting powder to help with my oily skin. I suffer from acne, acne scars and oiliness and I feel like giving up because none of the products that I have tried really help keep me matte for more than an hour! Please help!

selyg

Re: Whats the best foundation and setting powder for very oily skin

(0) Hearts

I definitely recommend going to sephora and sampling Hourglass Immaculate liquid to power foundation! I have super oily skin and it seems to help. i also recommend using a bb cream like Miracle Skin Transformer for Ance and Tarte Amazonian Clay Tranlucent Powder. I hope this helps!!!!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I've found I can't use liquid formulas anymore because they all slide around and settle into fine lines.  Instead, I'm using a powder formula.  Lancome's Dual Finish is excellent.  Highly recommend it!  Long-lasting, doesn't cake or settle.

LCResz

(0) Hearts

Have you tried mineral powder foundations yet? I find it helps a lot with my oiliness, plus you don't see it melt away like some liquid foundations tend to do on oily skin. 

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

makeup Forever in matte velvet is pretty good, i like the coverage and the matte finish, i also use  a pore minimizing matte primer under my foundation on my oily days Becca has a good one.

clarks18

(0) Hearts

I really like the Tarte Smooth Operator finishin powder.  It creates a matte finish without looking dry and it doesn't feel heavy when you have it on.  Also the Smashbox Photo Set finishing powder.  To me it's very similar to the Tarte powder but both really help me maintain an oil free t-zone throughout the day without having to reapply.

Mollycj

(0) Hearts

For all those oily skin girls I suggest MUFE Mat Velvet. It's amazing. Coverage is great and very long lasting. As for powder, I myself haven't found an HG yet but am looking into silica containing products.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Besides the foundations and setting powders you've been recommended I also suggest that you look at an oil control product like the Murad Oil Control Mattifier. It would help tremendously in controlling your shine. Here's the link so you can look at it:

http://www.sephora.com/oil-control-mattifier-spf-15-P227801

Ramieee

(0) Hearts

Your skin issues sound just like mine. I'm still on the look out for a holy grail foundation but for now I'm using Laura mercier silk creme and it pretty much lasts me ALL day when I set it with Nars light reflecting loose powder. a little goes aLong way and I love how it doesn't make me too ghostly since it goes on "clear"! Anther good matte foundation is Mac studio fix liquid and the powder is amazing too. 

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi maryelizabethxo, 

I love the sugggestions you've been given so far! Try also the Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder which is amazing to keep oil and shine at bay:

swfupload_8192176013747283735.jpg

And also look at the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation which is great for mattifying the skin and leaving a soft texture to the complexion:

swfupload_3220591108787435857.jpg

YOu can view these and some other great primers and foundations here> http://www.sephora.com/search/search.jsp?keyword=mattifying%20foundation&_requestid=99302

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Spyski

I hear ya! 

Makeup Forever Mat Velvet + is a shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, complete coverage liquid foundation which you can find here: http://www.sephora.com/mat-velvet-matifying-foundation-P177117?skuId=988634

Also, they make a powder that can be applied wet or dry that has great coverage without that heavy feeling of a foundation which you can find here: http://www.sephora.com/pro-finish-multi-use-powder-foundation-P377189?skuId=1479609

Also, try Urban Decay's De-Slick which is a weightless setting spray that helps makeup stay put, controls oil, and deflects surface shine. You can spray this on to "set" your makeup.

http://www.sephora.com/de-slick-oil-control-makeup-setting-spray-P277222?skuId=1458181

DeltaGammaGirl

This is probably a random recommendation for this but my skin type is almost identical to what you described and this is my regimen for foundation:

Primed and Poreless primer

Dior Skin forever liquid foundation(it goes on velvety smooth)

Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker powder(medium shade)

-the argan oil in it puts good oils into your skin and ive noticed that it counteracts my oiliness

-and I finish it off with Make up forever setting powder

Nothing has ever worked better!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • clarks18