hollywo0d

What type of foundation is best for Combination skin (powder, liquid, pressed)?

[ Edited ]

Right now I'm using Clinique's Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in Stay-Neutral, and I should have known not to get it becauseit says "sheer" (it was my 1st time shopping for foundation) and when applied at the store I thought it looked nice, but I don't likeit because there is no coverage and it makes me get flakes in between my eyebrows and it looks like I'm peeling after asunburn (I've already applied moisturizer and let it set for about 5-10mins before putting on the pressed powder). Also I pickedthe pressed powder because I needed it to be something that I would be able to carry with me for "touch ups" or whatever. But ifyou recommend a liquid I'm all ears.

So which would be best liquid, pressed powder, or powder? The reason why I picked Clinique is because I was breaking out alot from trying MAC's foundation and I wanted something non-comedogenic and Clinique seems to be the best and mostaffordable brand. My face is clearing up and I'm not using the pressed powder so I'm returning it for something else what do you recommend for me? I'll most likely only be using it when I'm out with friends so like once a week.

Thanks<3

Sheesh I always forget to add what I wanted to say from the start. I usually get pimples on my forehead, chin and sometimes my nose, but not often. And in between my eyebrows gets flaky skin and some times by near my lips. Hopes this extra info is somewhat helpful.

mandycasey

Re: What type of foundation is best for Combination skin (powder, liquid, pressed)?

(0) Hearts

I heart the Make Up Forever HD Foundation-you get a great color selection and it is oil free, I haven't broken out once since using it, and I also use the Fusion Beauty Acnce Primer underneath for the max results :smileyhappy: Try those out and you will see differnce from day 1!

jennaboo

Re: What type of foundation is best for Combination skin (powder, liquid, pressed)?

(0) Hearts

I agree that Benefit Hello Flawless is fantastic. As far as liquid foundation goes, I have had good luck with Sephora's brand (hydrating and smoothing).  It's sometimes too "greasy" for hot. humid summer days but I like it in the winter when the air (and my skin) is more dry than oily.

luv2browse

(0) Hearts

Wow, I could have written your email have the same issue and I also only wear makeup about once a week when I go out. I would say Bare Min. but I have sensitive skin and a few people I know it caused break outs almost like cystic acne..I'm using Benefit-hello flawless- its a pressed powder but it works great. I use a concealer brush for target areas and then powder brush over all..it helps with oil control to where I usually don't have to blot or if a long day maybe once. Plus compact so I can take with but I have never needed to re-apply but I find it works better if of course i use a little moisturizer or primer.

sabsprincess

(0) Hearts

I have combo skin as well. I have tried Bare Minerals before and it's good for soaking up oil. But I dislike the powdery finish so if I use it, I use it sparingly to soak up oil. I personally like Clinique Superfit. It has no oil and keeps my skin nice and dry. It also keeps my other skin from becoming too dry. I use it everyday and love the results. 

melalah

BAre Minerals. It seriously changed my life! :smileyhappy: I know it sounds cheesey but it really did. I use the original formulation but you can try both and see which you prefer (I also have combo skin) 

buffing it on might take some getting used to (you dont apply it the way you do regular foundation) but once you get the hang of it, t he result is natural looking flawless skin! 

For the flakey skin between your eyes try using an exfoliant every couple of days. My favorite is the korres pomegranate scrub!

sephora brand has a pressed mineral foundation that you might try too. 

hollywo0d

(0) Hearts

Bare Minerials makes me breakout :womansad:

melalah

(0) Hearts

oh no, did you try the matte? 

Okay well how about Tarte's tinted moisturizer? Laura Mercier's? Top either off with a finishing powder though.

hollywo0d

(0) Hearts

yeah i have the matte one, it works good for my mom who has oily skin, but it's horrible on mine. I even thought it might be because I didn't wash my foundation brush enough so I started washing/cleaning it everyday and still the same it made me break out.

also I'm more likely to return my Clinique because I put it on again just to see if I liked it enough to keep it . . . I'm taking it back after a days use 1,2,3 . . . FIVE pimples :smileysad:

maybe I'm just not the foundation type.

melalah I haven't tried the others you have mentioned I've never heard of those brands lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • melalah
    • mandycasey
    • sabsprincess
    • hollywo0d
    • luv2browse
    • jennaboo