fluffymuha

What's your favourite pressed powder foundation?

Never having used foundation before, I'm thinking of getting into it now :smileyhappy: I've been eyeing the Laura Mercier pressed powder compact, but it's a bit pricey for "just because". 

I wanted to get your opinions :smileyhappy:

H216

Re: What's your favourite pressed powder foundation?

(0) Hearts

My skin leans towards the dry side and I love bare minerals ready foundation!  a little goes a long way and although they tout that its moisturizing I always wear moisturizer underneath and sometimes primer though I don't think primer is necessary as it stays on my whole workday without any touch ups. It disagree at job covering my redness too. I'd highly recommend this foundation to anyone :smileyhappy:

imbeautiful

(0) Hearts

KVD lock it , I love love it!

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

The KVD LOCK-IT  !!!! I absolutely LOVE it !  :smileywink:

mberteig

(0) Hearts

Sephora Microsmooth is HG for me, I have repurchased it many times.  I use it alone, as a powder foundation, or over liquid foundation as a setting powder.  It is lightweight and provides good coverage.  I love it!

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

I've love Jane Iredale.

The coverage is enough to make the reddness from my rosacea fade away.

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

I like the Josie maran one.  It's so silky. 

cspriverratz

I took my 13 year old cousin to sephora for her birthday, and she wanted a pressed powder foundation and eyeliner. They did the color IQ, and tried out the Laura Mercier one, it looked FLAWLESS. Despite the price I purchased it and an Urban Decay liner for her. I'm thinking of getting one in my shade, even though it's $45.00. In my opinion, worth the price. Kat Von D makes a nice pressed powder as well.

jozkid

I've been using Lancome Dual Finish Powder makeup and I really like it! I've got dry skin and it goes on really silky and makes my skin look flawless. It doesn't dry out my skin either. I tried the MUFE and while the color was great, it sucked all the moisture out of my skin. I also have the Benefit Hello Flawless, and while that works OK, it tends to makes me look a little chalky. The Lancome has a much finer texture than Benefit, too.

Check out the Lancome. The Dual Finish is supposed to work on all skin types and it comes in a really wide range of shades. Huge bonus: powder foundation is a snap to put on in a hurry!

knadala

Benefit's Hello Flawless, but for a drugstore option I love Revlon Nearly Naked.

hydee77

For powder foundation, I always liked Benefit's "Hello Flawless!" foundation.  It gives nice buildable coverage without feeling too heavy on the skin.

http://www.sephora.com/hello-flawless-spf-15-P231510?skuId=1153394

kenny

(0) Hearts

My favorite is MakeUp Forever's Pro Finish Powder. Normally I'm not a fan of powder foundations, as I tend to find the finish a bit too flat and it can be tough to build coverage without getting cakey, and I find my oily skin dissolves them quickly. But MUFE's Pro FInish was the first one I really liked. It is a medium-full coverage foundation, with a natural finish (that doesn't fall too "flat"), and I can easily get coverage I want without getting cakey. It is also long lasting so I don;t have to touch up every coiuple hours. 

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

I have used the Jane Iredale for a few years, it is very nice! light to medium coverage, very natural, very good-for-you ingredients. Refillable compact  is nic, too!

quixotic

[ Edited ]

I used the old formula LM Foundation Powder for years and have tried the new Smooth Finish Powder as well. The old formula was more mattifying than the new, but the new does better at not settling into fine lines and seems all around less noticeable than the old formula. One of the best things about the new Smooth Finish is the range of shades, making it easier to find a match - and the color really does stay true all day.

I think they changed the formula to make it easier to apply wet if you want the extra coverage.  You were supposed to be able to do this with the old formula as well, but that was always a disaster. The new does give a much smoother finish than the old when applied with a damp sponge. I use the Smooth Finish dry like kas045 does - as a setting powder over my tinted moisturizer or BB cream, but on light makeup days I just buff it on over a primer. I like it for summer wear because it seems to hold up better than liquid foundation on the oily spots and is very natural looking, especially in direct sunlight.

Hope this is helpful!

kas045

I actually prefer the new formula of the pressed powder over the old one.  Give it a try.. I love it! It goes really great over top of their tinted moisturizer when I need that extra coverage. 

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

Before you try the Laura Mercier compact, I just want to let you know that the compact has been reformulated and I've seen bad reviews of the new formula on Nordstorm. Makeup Forever's Duo Mat foundation is great for oily skin. I like this one better than the MUFE Pro Finish because you don't see the powder on your skin. 

fluffymuha

(0) Hearts

Oh wow that MUFE duo mat has AMAZING reviews!

fluffymuha

(0) Hearts

Ooh thanks for letting me know! I'll make sure to check out the MUFE one as well.

callmefafi

[ Edited ]

My favorite is MAC Studio Fix. I'm very oily, especially if I'm out and about all day.  It's the only foundation that doesn't make me look like a shiny mess in pictures and at night when I go out.  I would love to try some new pressed powder foundations that look natural.  I'm not into bronzers but love highlighters so I'm very picky.  I want my foundation to look like my skin...just better...no dewy-ness or anything.  I also have crazy undertones so MAC is the only thing that matches me perfectly.  NARS Sheer Matte comes close; it would be nice if they made a pressed powder foundation.

Great thread! Can't wait to see what everyone suggests.

fluffymuha

That's exactly what I'd like to go for! I always see girls with really cakey makeup, and maybe that's why I've stayed away from full-coverage foundation and powders. I would love to see someone suggest a great natural-looking pressed powder foundation for us :smileyhappy:

callmefafi

(0) Hearts

Well, MAC Studio Fix is very natural looking on me.  It's a pressed powder foundation but it is buildable to full coverage...or so I've heard.  I have some freckles and beauty marks that I like to show so I don't apply it as heavily as I am sure I could.  I apply it so that I can mask the imperfections.  I also use NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer for those big blemishes and dark circles around the eyes when I have them.  I go for the angelic look...natural with a slight glow. 

If you haven't tried MAC Studio Fix Pressed Powder and you're oily like me, you should really go in and try it.  Post here or send me a personal message and tell me what you think. I heard the MAC Studio CareBlend was more sheer but I haven't tried it as of yet because some people state it has this golden glow to it.  I'm not sure how that will go with my yellow/orange/reddish undertones.  Plus, I think it's meant for dry skin.  macpowdercomparison.jpg 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • kenny
    • mberteig
    • hydee77
    • quixotic
    • cspriverratz
    • knadala