beauty4ashes

What's your favorite full-medium coverage foundation for Hot/Humid weather?

What's your favorite Full  to Medium coverage foundation for Hot/Humid weather? Typical southern weather such as Disney/Florida.

Temperature ranges in the low to high 90's °F / 33's °C

Humidity near 85-90+%?

makeMARYup

Re: What's your favorite full-medium coverage foundation for Hot/Humid weather?

Hi beauty4ashes! I also live in the HOT southern weather, so I understand. I really don't like splurging on foundations, but my GO-TO summer foundation is the Revlon 24hr foundation. It has great coverage and very light-weight. My skin is also very dry so I get the Normal/Dry Skin one and it works great!

aviscardi

Mufe mat velvet!! however lately ive been loving becca radiant skin just as much. The colors are really hard to find a match, mine is quite light 1st applied but once the color sets and i add powder its perfectly fine and gives me the option to add more bronzer.

Both last a reallllyyy long time. I usually blot almost daily around 7.5hrs no matter the fdn im wearing, but with these i don't really need to blot so if i forget its not a big deal. Im combo skin at the moment so imagine in the winter- id hardly blot. both are med-full and though i personally don't wear this fdn on a lot of 90 degree days i think it would hold up good. 

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

I haven'y tried MUFE Mat velvet yet. Thanks!

aviscardi

Its my fave of all time. Ive been using it for 2years now. 

RandeeBT

[ Edited ]

Hi beauty4ashes!

One of my favorite foundations to use in the warm weather is Dior's Airflash Foundation. Once this foundation is applied, it is not going anywhere! If you want a less expensive alternative, I recommend trying Sephora Collection's Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation. :smileyhappy:  Both of these foundations make the skin look flawless and last a long time on the skin! 

Best,
Randee
beauty4ashes

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I tried Dior when it first came out...none of the colors worked for me. :smileysad:

knadala

Rimmel's matte liquid foundation, Revlon's Nearly Naked liquid foundation, and Benefit Cosmetic's Wow Oxygen liquid foundation.

JayReed

I really like Hourglass Immaculate and Estee Lauder Double Wear Founation for those really hot days. They are the only two that last during hot weather. MAC studio fix fluid lasts all day, but Im prone to clogged pores and that tends to do so. 

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]

I just bought Estee Lauder Double Wear to give it a second chance and I love it! It really does last all day in hot weather. I'll be wearing it to Disneyland this weekend! :smileyhappy:

I posted two video reviews in this thread :smileyhappy:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/Long-lasting-foundations-how-to-make-foundation-last/m-p/145487...

mpas

Elizabeth Arden sponge on cream foundation is very very good hot weather.  It's also good for long days at work too.  

melissabt

Hi Beauty4ashes,

One of my favorite foundations for humid weather (that I just tried) is the Bare Minerals Bareskin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation. I LOVE this foundation, it has a slight dewy finish but, I set it with the Sephora Collection MicroSmooth Baked Foundation Face Powder and it is incredibly long lasting!

bare minerals foundation.jpgmicrosmooth.jpgThis foundation works well only with the suggested brush, I've tried it with other brushes and it does not work as well. The brush gives it an airbrushed type of finish.

bare minerals brush.jpg

<3 Melissa
beauty4ashes

I've been looking at and passing by Bare Minerals Bareskin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation a lot! I think I'll give it a try. 'Slight dewy' isn't necessarily a bad thing...especially when extremely flat matte kind of looks out of place in the south in hot humid weather. 

melissabt

Hi Beauty4ashes,

I totally agree! I love dewy for the summer:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
jozkid

Melissa, do you have any tricks on application? I bought some, along with the brush, but I'm finding that it really accentuates my pores — like more so than most other foundations I've tried. And my skin actually has a pretty decent texture, too. Makes me sad‚ the color looks like a good match.

melissabt

[ Edited ]

Hi Jozkid,

Yes! I am glad that you asked:smileyhappy: I was just talking about application technique for this foundation with my co-workers. I found that with this foundation, a primer is a must. I am not big on using a ton of primer (just on my cheeks). I use the Smashbox primer. I do a few drops of the foundation, maybe 2 or 3 first and then apply it to my cheeks,since this is the area that most people need coverage, and then I apply 1-2 for the rest of my face, I find that its easier to buff out rather than putting all the drops at once. I tried doing 5-6 all at once and it was so hard to make it look natural!

Also, if you have a setting spray, use it with this foundation! It prevents it from looking too heavy.

moisture surge face spray.jpg

<3 Melissa
jozkid

I do use primer. I've tried several, both with silicone and without. I'll have to try the setting spray, though. Thanks for the tip!

H216

I live in TX and my skin leans more towards the drier side, but I love Bare Minerals ready foundation. A little goes a long way and it lasts pretty much my entire work day without requiring any touchup!

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

I really hope they have a color match for my skin. It's always been a chore to mix two-three colors to match.

melissabt

(0) Hearts

@Beauty4ashes,

What shade are you in your current foundation? I can help shade match you

<3 Melissa
beauty4ashes

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

The only ever 'foundation' I've been able to use just 'as is' without mixing several colors...is actually a mineral powder foundation by Jane Iredale. "Warm Silk." The color melts into my own skin tone. Warm Silk is a 'warm' & I think it's the lightest of the warm shades. 

All other foundations, no less than two colors to get a close match. Sometimes it takes three! 

My Asian skin tone has  a hint of yellow, yet I can't wear neutrals...they look weird on me.

I'm wanting to try a liquid foundation for more coverage than JI.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • mpas
    • aviscardi
    • melissabt
    • knadala
    • jozkid
    • beauty4ashes