xovickieox

What's the best face powder?

We just got a Sephora store in my area, so I've become an addict! I'm trying to find out what face powder would be a good choice. I was previously only using Covergirl pressed powder, and it worked OK at best. I have very pale, fair skin, and don't have any issues with acne or blemishes at this point. I prefer powder to cream foundation. I want something that won't make my skin look too bronzy, but will instead make my fair skin look luminous and natural :smileyhappy: I really like Smashbox for the eyes, but I don't know what their face products are like. If you have a favorite face powder, I would love to know! :smileyhappy: 

anjawirth

Re: What's the best face powder?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

To answer your question: Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder.

It's a new colorless mineral silica pressed powder that gently mattes for a retouched, poreless look.

dandymandie

(0) Hearts

I would highly recommend the Fresh Face Luster. It is lightweight, and gives the skin a luminous look with out any bit of sparkle.

facesbyrachelle

(0) Hearts
Hands down MAC msf natural
anongal

(0) Hearts

I use to use BE mineral powder foundation religiously but now I just LOVE Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation even more! It really makes my skin look amazing, it has a higher SPF than BE and it is all natural! You can always ask a Sephora employee for samples of a few different brands so you can try them out and see which one you like best! Good luck! :smileyhappy:

jadab

(0) Hearts

I think you should try Philosophy's the supernatural airbrushed canvas mineral makeup.  It's a 4 in 1 product that's considered a foundation, powder, concealer, and spf all in one.

Here's the link: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P84309&categoryId=C17971&shouldPaginate=true

facesbyrachelle

(0) Hearts
MAC's minierialized skin finish natural
Jillie

(0) Hearts

I have to agree with some of the others.... Bare Escentuals is the best! Not only is their mineral foundation awesome but the mineral veil (which acts like a setting powder) is fantastic, I have to say its one of my favorite products!

Also if you are looking for something that isn't as expensive as Bare Escentuals... Sephora now makes their own line of mineral (powder) makeup which I think runs around $10... in fact online it is on sale! I havn't tried it but I have heard good things!

Hope this helps! 

marytm

(0) Hearts

Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil.  Not the hydrating one but the original. Even better for protection choose the spf 25 mineral veil.   It's natural, pure, perfect for very fair skin, and makes an incredible finish.  Go one step further and use it over Bare Escentuals foundation.  There are four different fair shades.

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I love Smashbox Halo -- it is definitely worth the $59, and it's probably my #1 favorite cosmetic product. I'm super fair, and "Fair" works for me. Smashbox shades do tend to run darker (the "Light" shade is way too dark and yellow-based for me), but the Fair shade is very light and should work on most fair skin. It leaves the most luminous finish, and it's hydrating, so it won't leave a dry, powdery finish or settle into fine lines, like some powders tend to do. Definitely give it a try!

: )

tenngal

(0) Hearts

Smashbox foundations run on the dark side.  Even their lightest shades tend to be too dark for very fair skin.

A great powder foundation is Lancome DUAL FINISH - Versatile Powder Makeup which you can find at: 
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P54419&categoryId=B70

What sets this powder foundation apart from others is that it is versatile.  As a foundation you just sponge it on dry, over your daytime moisturizer and / or primer, for a soft matte effect.  Or you can sponge it on damp for a full-coverage, flawless matte finish.

It comes in many shades so you should be able to find one to match your skin tone.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

For powder foundation, I love Bare Escentuals.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P61003&categoryId=B70

For All over brightening and finishing powder, I love these, also by Bare Escentuals:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P273408&categoryId=C16510

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P61004&categoryId=B70

BAre Escentuals is natural and it's good for your skin. Keep your beautiful skin healthy!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 11 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • katie1724
    • Jillie
    • jadab
    • mermadelove
    • facesbyrachelle