LilBNasty

What is a good primer & light to medium coverage foundation for combination skin?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'm new at face makeup so I went to my local Sephora and asked for a recommendation for a good primer and foundation for combination skin.
They recommended me to Benefit's The Porefessional and the Smashbox Healthy FX foundation w/ SPF 15.
However, when I tried the products at home I knew that they were definitely not for me. The Porefessional made areas of my face dry and flaky! The Smashbox foundation was way too orange for me and that is strange because I have yellow undertones. It also does not set even when I apply setting powder.

I heard the Victoria Secret's VS Pro Airbush FX Perfecting Primer w/ SPF 20 is great and is a good dupe for the famous Smashbox primers. Any opinions?

My forehead tends to get oily over a couple of hours because I have bangs. My cheeks tend to be drier. Is there a good primer and foundation for me? I prefer buildable coverage more on the medium side.

buzzbee3

Re: What is a good primer & light to medium coverage foundation for combination skin?

(0) Hearts

I would try Make Up Forever's HD Foundation.....you might also want to try their primers. The foundation has quite the color range and it's medium to full coverage and oil free. The primers are also oil free. I'd try out a sample of each, & if you like them I would recommend getting the HD Complexion Starter Kit. It comes with the foundation color of your choice, the original primer, the HD Microfinish Powder and Kubuki brush. It's a very good deal! I hope that helps :smileyhappy:

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • buzzbee3
    • LilBNasty